Wednesday, May 18, 2016

We finally got to focus on our own area!

Hello Everyone, How have you all been doing? I hope that you are all doing well and are feeling good and are happy. I am doing really pretty good! This week was a pretty great week for us. Finally we weren't nearly as busy and we actually got an opportunity to focus on our own area for a little while which was a huge blessing. This week we found three new investigators. One of them is Javier Arcila. He is an older man that I found with Elder Muñoa in exchanges on Wednesday. He cannot read so that is going to be a challenge in helping him to gain a testimony of The Book of Mormon but we are going to do the best we can with him on that! We ended up having three lessons with him this week. He came to see the chapel on Saturday as part of one of our lessons, but he was unable to attend church because he had to go sign some important documents having to do with his retirement. Another Carlos is an old investigator that we have searched for several times and finally found him. He is young and married to an inactive sister. When we taught him he seemed somewhat indifferent as to the church and seemed disinterested so we will see what comes of teaching him. The other is Manuel. He is a young 23 year old. We found him last night. We taught him the Restoration of the Gospel and he seemed very open and excited about the lesson. He even asked the question of what of all the ideas in the world was the truth which allowed us to perfectly teach him the importance of reading the Book of Mormon, praying about our message, and attending church. He is planning on coming to church on Sunday with us. We invited him to be baptized on June 4th and he accepted. Now he just has to attend church and receive all of the missionary lessons. Really I have a very good feeling about him and I hope he can really be baptized that day, as it is the last Saturday before the next transfer and it is possible that one of us (I) will be transferred. Unfortunately we have not been able to see our other new investigator Carla. She works a lot everyday during the week and on Saturdays. She makes shoes in her house. That makes it difficult to see her. She cancelled our appointment on Saturday because her husband wasn't going to be able to be home. It sounded like he had read a little of the Book of Mormon though when we talked to her on the phone, so hopefully that is a good sign. We are hoping to find them sometime this week! Other than that everything is good in the neighborhood! Haha. I get to take off my splint from my fractured pinkie tomorrow so hopefully it doesn't hurt too much starting to use it once again. In a week's time I have to have some more x-rays and another check up appointment so I guess we will see what happens! My headaches are still the same pretty much I am just hoping that the new medicine I am on starts to actually help me! I am once again here with Elder Hernandez in Rio Verde for another transfer so that should be fun to see what we can accomplish together in the next month and a half. Hopefully at least one baptism! Pray for us! I just want you all to know that I have a testimony of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that it is through His great atoning sacrifice that we all may overcome whatever ill we face, whether it be sin, error, sickness, afflictions, depression, family challenges, or any other difficulty. He understands us perfectly. He has felt our pains and experienced our afflictions. He knows us all, individually. He wants to help us. He loves us all. He is our great Redeemer and Savior! I am so thankful to know that He lives. That because He lives we can conquer anything and everything and become better day by day, little by little. We must rely on Him and as we do so He lifts us up. He has lifted me up and carries me when I cannot do it alone, and He guides me by the hand when I am walking by my own strength. He is the greatest of all the gifts of our Heavenly Father and for that I am eternally and incredibly grateful. I love each one of you and I pray for you! I hope you all know that this gospel is true! I hope you have a great day and an amazing week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment