Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I hope you are all happy and healthy! We are excited for Isaac's baptism this week!

Hello Everyone, Well I just want you all to know that I love you and think of you all often. I hope that you are all well and that this message finds you happy and healthy! I am doing pretty well. My pinkie is still quite swollen, crooked, and has a large bump. I visited the doctor last week and he has me doing exercises daily to recuperate the movement but it is painful. Hopefully with time my finger will regain form and strength. As for the work it moves steadily forward here in Rio Verde. This week we have an exciting event. On Saturday will be the baptism for our little investigator Isaac! He has attended every single Sunday since they told us that he wanted to get baptized like we told him he must in order to be baptized on the scheduled date and that day is the Fourth of June! Well it came quickly and now we just have to finish teaching him one more lesson this week and have the interview so that on Saturday he can be baptized. Our recent convert Pedro Silvestre, who was baptized in February, will be the one to baptize Isaac. I am very excited for him. All of our other investigators seem to be kind of in Limbo land. None of them are really progressing because none of them are completing all of their commitments. Sergio is the only one who seems to really have a sincere interest at this point, but he didn't come to church yesterday because he was with his cousins. Hopefully we can continue to find people with a sincere interest in learning of the Gospel and a desire to live the things we invite them to do. That being said we found three new people this week, but they all require further follow up in order to see if they are really going to progress towards baptism or not. I want to share my testimony of the love of our Heavenly Father with each of you. I know that God has a sincere and true love and interest in every single living being as a very beloved son or daughter of God. I know that as we turn to Him in every moment of our lives, both of happiness and sadness, He listens and He responds. He acts for the benefit of every single one of us. I know it because I have seen it in my life. I can daily recognize His divine intervention in my life. He knows how to help us and when to help us. He knows what we need and when we need it. Trust in Him and He will never fail you. Of that I testify in the name of the Savior Jesus Christ, Amen. I love all of you and I hope you all have a great week! Take care. Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment