Tuesday, May 24, 2016

We taught a lot of lessons this week and found more investigators!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all doing well. This week was a great week for us. We taught a lot of lessons to investigators as well as many other lessons to converts and to less active members. We had a fun time working together and I enjoyed the week. My companion, Elder Hernandez, and I are doing well and we are excited to continue to teach and help others to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Possibly the best part of this past week was our visit with our new investigator from last week, Sergio Lamas. We visited with him on Saturday night. He had given my companion the task of reading a packet of Questions and Answers given to him by Catholics (he is "Catholic") and tell him what was true and what was false, after we had given him the task of starting to read the Book of Mormon. Well we got there on Saturday night and told him he could ask any question he liked and he asked a few. He finally asked the question, "Why are there so many different churches?" Which led perfectly to us teaching him the majority of the Message of the Restoration of the Gospel. We mainly focused on the fact that he needs not trust in what anyone tells him to be true, but that he himself can ask God in prayer what is the truth and in that way he can receive the truth of all things. He seemed to realize that we were not there to convince him of our religion or to make him believe us, but to invite him to ask of God, and in that way receive his own answer. It was an amazing lesson, full of the Spirit. Then yesterday in church he was there with his whole family which I have only ever seen once before. I was super excited about that. All of our other investigators are doing alright, but only Isaac and Sergio are showing much progress. Isaac is still scheduled to be baptized on June Fourth, so we are still trying to finish the teachings with him for his date! I think all is going okay with him. We found five other new investigators this week and hopefully with time they can progress. I am enjoying the mission and our work together. We are seeing miracles everyday! I just want you all to know that I have a testimony of the power of prayer. I know that God hears and answers all of our prayers. He is always listening. It does not matter where we are, when we ask, or for what we are praying, He is listening. He answers our prayers. He may not always answer in the way we expect or hope for or want, but he never leaves us alone or abandoned. Trust in Him. Have faith that He will answer every one of your individual petitions and I testify to you that He will. For He is our Father and He loves us. I love each one of you and I hope you all have a great week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment