Wednesday, May 18, 2016

We found several new investigators!

Hey everyone, How have you all been doing? I hope that all of you were able to have a good week! Our week went pretty well overall. This last week we were able to find lots of new people to teach and we had a lot of lessons. Yesterday night we found six new investigators all because a random guy in the street talked to us on Thursday. He actually started talking to me in English and so I talked to him for a minute and it turns out that he lived in Las Vegas for awhile and that he still has family there. His name is Enrique and we were able to visit with him and his sisters and their families. We are going to visit them again on Thursday so we will see how it goes from there. Our other investigators seem to be doing pretty well. Manuel we only got to see once this week but he has been reading in The Book of Mormon. We finished teaching him the Plan of Salvation so the next lesson will be on faith baptism and all that stuff. He still hasn't come to church because yesterday he had a family commitment. Hopefully we can stress it a lot this week and get him there. We found another investigator last Monday named Christian. I don't know if I talked about him yet or not, but here it goes anyway. He is a security guard in the gated community where we live. We have taught him two times and he is really excited to learn about the Gospel. He has accepted really well everything that we have taught him thus far so I am excited to keep teaching him. He was going to come to church yesterday but couldn't because he had to go pick up his mom from the airport. He won't be able to come to church next week either because he works every other Sunday. Hopefully though he will come in two weeks though. It was cool because last week we were able to visit with Carla again and we talked to her about the Temple a little bit and how we can have eternal marriage and family. Her eyes lit all up when we told her about that and she opened up a lot asking us questions. The hardest part is that she told us that she isn't married to her 'husband' and can't be married for at least a year after her divorce goes through on her first marriage. She is just about done with the divorce but she won't be able to be baptized until she gets married or they separate, and I don't think they are going to want to separate. It was kind of cool to see her reaction, but I am sad to think that she has to wait a year to be baptized. Really everything seems to be going good. I had my follow up appointment with the doctor last week for my fractured left pinkie and he said that it has healed well and that I am good to go. Now I just have to try to keep taking good care of my fractured right pinkie too! I will be going back to the doctor this week for that, so we will see what he tells me I need to do! Well I just want to share my testimony on the importance of the Book of Mormon in this work. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is holy, sacred scripture that testifies of Jesus Christ as the Savior of the World. I know that as we read and ponder the Book of Mormon that we can come closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that this book changes lives. My life has changed because of the Book of Mormon. I love reading in it because I can feel the Lord speak to me through its pages. I know that this book is true because I have prayed and asked God if it is true and the Spirit has confirmed its truthfulness and divinity unto me. I know that all of you can pray to know and receive an answer from God that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that as you do you can all become stronger and draw nearer unto Him. I know that it was translated by Joseph Smith who was a Prophet of God and I am so thankful that because of him we have such a powerful source of knowledge to learn from and study. I love all of you and I hope that you all have a really great week this week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment