Thursday, April 21, 2016

We had a cool experience and met a new potential investigator!

Dear Everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I am doing pretty well. My finger is doing good and I only need the splint for one more week, so I am excited to be able to take it off soon because I am sick of it already! Our week was pretty busy, and we were hardly in our own area. It is kind of hard when we don't even get to work where we are assigned to! I am hoping that this week we will have a lot more time in our own area and that we can find some more people to teach and follow up with several others! Yesterday we had a cool experience. We went to try to visit Erick who we haven't found for like three weeks and he again was unavailable. We decided to head to look for another investigator and about four or five houses down from where Erick lives, my companion saw a young lady outside working in her yard. We offered to help and as always she declined. We did, however talk to her about the Gospel and how it could bless her and her family. We asked her if she had time to listen to us in that moment and she said yes. Her husband was sick so he didn't listen, but we taught her the message of the Restoration. She listened intently and seemed to understand all that we explained. At the end of the lesson she prayed and asked for more faith to know if the message we shared was true! We have a return appointment with her on Saturday. I really hope that she will read in the Book of Mormon! Please pray for her by name for us, so that she will be able to progress towards being baptized. Her name is Carla! Really other than that we have few investigators that we have been able to see lately, so we are looking for new people and trying to contact those that have pretty much disappeared. That is frustrating sometimes, but we have been doing a lot better on talking to everyone we see in the street, so I am sure that we will find some new people soon! I just want to share with you my testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost. Our message is incredibly important and when meditated upon it makes a lot of sense, but can leave one with doubts and questions. I am positive that these doubts and questions can be answered most effectively through reading the Book of Mormon and praying sincerely to our Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ. I have received many answers to prayers in that way and I am certain that this is the way established by the Lord to receive a lasting testimony of the Gospel. I testify that The Spirit can teach us of all truth, but we must first seek it. I hope you will all remember the importance of reading and studying the scriptures diligently, especially the Book of Mormon; as well as praying constantly and sincerely. Every question can be answered if we trust in Faith in God and the Lord Jesus Christ. I love all of you and I hope you have a marvelous week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment