Saturday, April 16, 2016

I had a crazy hectic week with a Broken Pinkie and a Happy Birthday!

Hey everyone, How are you all doing? I hope all is going well for you! I have though about many of you this past week and I truly hope that you are enjoying life and finding happiness in every day! Our week this last week was pretty crazy and hectic. It felt like we were hardly even in our own area. On Monday I fractured my left pinkie playing basketball as part of our zone activity so we were in the emergency room until after midnight. It was quite an adventure, thankfully though my finger is doing well and it is not nearly as bruised or swollen as it was. I have a check up with the doctor on Wednesday so we will see what he says about it! Tuesday was practically the only day that we had in our area because all of the other days were occupied with at least one other meeting or appointment. It was nice because the Rodriguez family, who are like my favorite members in the ward, made me a birthday cake and it was nice to celebrate a little bit with them! They pretty much put a firework on the cake for my candle which surprised me a ton! It was super fun! As for our work as missionaries we don't have many investigators that seem very interested at the moment. We are still trying to look for more and follow up with a couple of others, but at the moment no one is really progressing. Please just pray for us to find people that are ready to receive the gospel and us as missionaries! On Friday it was my birthday and we had interviews with the mission president and they went really well. He made me feel super special and encouraged me to keep trying to be a good missionary and a good companion. He pretty much told me I am one of his favorite missionaries (even though he doesn't have favorites!) and I felt super unworthy of such a comment, but it made me want to be a better missionary! After the interviews my companion and I went out to eat Pizza Hut and it was super yummy! I loved it and I missed it (I hadn't eaten there since I came on the mission!) It was a good birthday! Saturday we had our Zone Meeting and we talked mostly on how to become a Consecrated Missionary. It was based on a talk given by Elder Tad R. Callister in the Provo MTC in 2008. I absolutely loved the talk and it inspired me to work harder everday to be more diligent and obedient so that we have greater success. I have set many goals including talking to more people everday so that we can find new people to teach! Really this week was great and I learned many lessons. If we want to be happy we need to work for it. We have to live the commandments of God if we want His blessings and His strength in our lives. Even though I have made many mistakes in my life one thing remains clear to me, God will and does always love us. He wants us to be successful and happy. He does everything in His power to lift us up and help us to continue on. He never gives us a trial or temptation too big to overcome and He is always there to listen when we need Him or just want to talk. I feel like I know Him much better now than I ever did before and I hope to continue to grow closer to Him day by day for the rest of my life! I know that He know each one of us and He is always here for us. Trust in Him and turn to Him always and we will have nothing to fear! I love each one of you and I hope your week is wonderful! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment