Thursday, July 2, 2015

We had a Wonderful Stake Conference!

Hey guys, Sorry this email is short I am running short on time because we didn't arrive to write very early because we had an appointment a ways away, but here is a bit about our week this week. This week was pretty good for us. We didn't have a ton of lessons this week with investigators because a lot of our appointments fell through, but the lessons we did have were really good. Our new investigator that I told you guys about last week, Tany and her daughter Jennifer are doing really well. They went to the Primary and Relief Society Activity on Friday all on their own and they both really enjoyed it. Then on Saturday the other missionaries in our ward had a baptism at noon and they came early so that we could teach them in the church. We taught the first part of the Plan of Salvation and shared with them the scripture Moses 1:39 about the purpose of God for every single one of us. They enjoyed the baptism and got a picture about how theirs will be. The next day (Sunday) a member picked them up and we went to Stake Conference. It was a wonderful Stake Conference. In the conference they talked a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy because that is the new focus of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It was really cool because the Stake President, The Temple President and his wife, President and Sister Camarillo (our mission president and his wife), and Elder Marion (of the Seventy) all spoke. It was a great conference and she found it very motivating. It was cool too because afterwards we were able to introduce them to the Temple President and his wife and President and Sister Camarillo too. They all told her to keep listening to us and not to worry because she was in good hands (that made me feel good). I am so excited for them because they are ready for this Gospel in their lives, Tany even said so herself, and I feel like it is such a great blessing of the Lord. Other than that we have been still teaching other investigators but they have been struggling to progress. Brenda the other day told us that she had prayed and that she receive the answer that she should be baptized, which was wonderful to hear. She is really great but has a few obstacles still. She has to get married first and she is really close to having her baby (like this week) so with her I think it will be a bit more time. Please keep praying for us to find more people to teach, we need more! Otherwise our work is moving forward and we are finding success little by little. This work is wonderful and I am so thankful to be here! I am so thankful that I have been called to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ and declare unto this nation His Gospel. I know that He lives and He loves every single one of us! I know that He guides this church and this work and I am so thankful for that! I love my Savior and I am so grateful for His hand in my life! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take Care! Love you guys a ton! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment