Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It is super beautiful here in Tizapan and we hope we can find someone to share our message with!

Hello Everyone, How has your week been this week? I hope that all of you are doing well and enjoying life! Our week this week was pretty good. I finally feel like I am getting a better knowledge of my new area and that I am getting used to being here. Really it is super beautiful here in Tizapan because it is so green and pretty everywhere. It rains quite a bit here and when it rains it usually rains pretty hard. I really like it here because it is much cooler than Guadalajara with all of the rain and because of Chapala Lake closeby. Although I am loving the area it is quite a challenge in the missionary side of things. There are a lot of catholics here. There are a lot of Catholic Churches and not very many people want to accept a visit from us. We haven't found a single new investigator in the two weeks that I have been here, so that is a challenge. I know we are going to have to get creative in our ways of finding people. Although it is a challenge to have new investigators, I am excited for the work here because really there are a lot of people and I know that there are people here who need this message, we just have to find them!!! Haha. We have been working a lot with less-active members trying to strengthen the branch. It was interesting because last week there were 50 people in Sacrament Meeting and this week there were only 25. That means that the majority of the members are not as committed and I hope that we can help them to be stronger. We really only have one investigator that we are really working with right now. Her name is Guadalupe. She lives with her parents-in-law. Her father-in-law is a less-active member and that is how she became interested in the church. We have only taught her two times, but she seems interested in the message that we have and always thanks us for sharing it with her. I hope that we can help her to progress and become a faithful member here. The biggest challenge is finding her at home, but we try to visit almost everyday so sometimes we find her! I know that this message will help her and I am just praying that we can help her! Other than that we have been searching! Hopefully we are able to find some people to teach! Please keep praying for us to find them and send us ideas on how to find people!!! haha! Really even though I know it is a challenge to be here I am so excited to be here and to work here as a missionary! I want to tell you all that I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that it is the only way that we can return to live with our loving Heavenly Father. I am so thankful to my Savior, that He came to earth, lived a perfect life, taught the way to return to live as an Eternal Family with our Father in Heaven, and that He made it possible through His Infinite Atonment. I know that He loves each and every one of us and that He strengthens us in every trial. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith that he had the courage and the faith to pray for divine guidance and that he did everything necessary to restore the Lord's Gospel on earth. I know with all of my heart that this is Jesus Christ's Church on the Earth and that He is at the head. I know He directs this work. I love this work and I am so grateful that He has trusted me enough to call me as one of His servants! I love all of you and I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment