Thursday, July 2, 2015

We got our New Mission President!

Hey Everyone, This week has been a pretty great week for us! I hope that it was a good week for all of you guys as well. Yesterday our new President and his wife arrived in our mission. His name is President Egginton. They are from Virginia. He was a General in the United States Air Force. We still have not actually met him, but I am sure we will have that opportunity in the next few weeks. I am excited to get to know them and see how they work. This week was a good week for us in our work as missionaries. We were able to have quite a few lessons and teach our investigators as well as recent converts and less active members. Of course our best lessons were with Tany and Jennifer. They are progressing so well and so quickly. They have such a big desire to learn and grow. They have attended every Sunday since we had our first lesson and they are so excited to be baptized. It was so awesome because she asked us the other day "how many people can I invite to my baptism?" we just kind of laughed because usually people don't invite very many, but we told her to invite everyone! It made me smile so big to hear that question. Really it has been such a blessing to have an investigator so ready to be baptized and so pre-prepared. The biggest challenge we are going to have is finishing all of the lessons before her baptism. I am so thankful that the Lord put her in our path so that we were able to share with her this message. She has told us many times that ''I've found something I didn't know I was looking for," It truly is such a blessing to have the opportunity to see how the Lord is preparing his children to receive this message. It makes me think of Alma 13:24, where it talks about that their are angels preparing people to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We visited Brenda yesterday and she is super close to having her baby. She already passed her due date, so we will see how soon she has it. It was neat because they asked me to give her a blessing so that she would be okay and that everything will go well with the delivery. She also asked us to pray for her which is cool, because we can see that she trusts in the Lord to watch over and protect her! Hopefully next week I will have a picture of her baby!! We are excited for her, but for right now she isn't progressing much because of her pregnancy. Hopefully afterwards we will be able to help her to progress more and be baptized. Other than them our other investigators are doing okay but haven't been attending church or progressing much. We are trying to find more investigators that will progress and keep their commitments. That is honestly one of our greatest challenges is finding people to teach, it is the first and one of the hardest steps for me personally. Please continue to pray for us to find those who are prepared to receive our message! I know that your prayers constantly help us! I want you all to know how thankful I am for you and for the Lord. I know that you all have been sent to me from him and I am so grateful for that! I know that the Lord is concious of every single one of us and everything that we are going through. I have felt His hand lead and guide me. I feel His love for me and for the people that we are teaching. It amazes me how easy it is to love those we teach, I know it is a gift given from our Savior. I only wish I could love as perfectly as he loves. I know that he wants us to be happy and healthy and successful in all that we do. I know that through our Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ that nothing is impossible and that He will help us with whatever we ask of Him. I love all of you and hope you have a great week! Take Care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie A note from Elder Condie's Mom: He is still having A Daily Constant Headache so we would really appreciate your continued prayers on his behalf! He is trying hard to ignore them and concentrate on his mission, but I'm sure some days it's pretty hard! Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment