Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I got transferred to Tizapan!

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a good week this week! I had a pretty good week. We were able to teach a lot and enjoy ourselves. I am so thankful for all you guys do to support and help me in my mission and just wanted to say thank you! Today was transfers and I got transferred. Honestly it is kind of hard because I had to leave a good companion and a really good investigator who is progressing and going to be baptized. Honestly I think that the hardest part of transfers is leaving behind all of our work to start in a different place, but I know that it will all be alright and that I have a great new opportunity to learn and grow. My new area is a city or little town more like called Tizapan. It is a pueblito which means that it is pretty small kind of like Enoch I would say, but maybe just a bit bigger! It is next to Chapala Lake if you try to look for it on a map. It is a branch that we are part of and I am sure that will be different for me, but I am excited to be here. Tany is still doing good and her and her daughter Jennifer are going to be baptized on July 18th. I was kind of sad that I got transferred because we finally found someone who was progressing and going to be baptized and that is hard. I am excited to see her picture when she is baptized. She is progressing so well and seeing her and how well-prepared she was to be baptized built my testimony that the Lord truly is preparing people to receive our message. It was really cool because we called and talked to her last night when we found I was being transferred to tell her and she was very excited for me and told me how much she appreciated me and all that I had helped teach her. She is wonderful and I am so excited for her. I hope that Elder Arellanes takes good care of them. Today we left our house at 7:30 so that we could catch our bus to our area Tizapan. It was a two and a half hour bus ride, but it really isn't very far from Guadalajara. An hour of the ride was inside of Guadalajara itself. It is pretty green here and the trees are really pretty. I like the town it is what you think of when you think of Mexico. I will try to send some photos in the next couple of weeks. Really I am just excited to get to know the area. My compaanion is Elder Manchu, he is from Guatemala. He only has five months in the mission and one transfer here so I am sure we will be learning a lot together! I just want to leave my testimony with all of you that I know that the Lord directs His work. I have full confidence that he is aware of every single one of us and our specific needs. I know that He places us where we need to be and where we can grow. I am thankful for His hand in my life. I know that He watches over us always and that He is always there. I love Him so dearly and I am so thankful to Him for all that I have, and especially for all of you! I hope you all have a wonderful wonderful week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment