Tuesday, July 14, 2015

It is a little cooler here in my new area!

Hey Everyone, I hope that all of you had a good week this week! I had a pretty good week here in my new area of Tizapan. It was an interesting week getting to know the area and some of the people here. I still have a lot to learn and I still feel a bit out of place, but I know with a bit more time here I will get used to it all and I am sure I will come to love it here just as I did in my last area. It is kind of hard trying to learn everything about an area all over again but it is going good. A little bit about my area... it is a bit cooler here than in Guadalajara thanks to Chapala Lake close by it keeps the climate quite temperate. If I am right Chapala Lake is the largest lake in Mexico. There are a lot of cerros here (that means mountains or hills) so we walk up and down a lot, but that is normal, as far as I know none of them are as big as the cerro in my last area. It is really green here and it rains quite a bit. More than in Guadalajara. I love the rain, but if it rains in the morning then it is super humid in the afternoon and that makes it somewhat miserable. Because our area is far away from the other areas in our district we have to travel to Chapala every Tuesday for our District Meeting and that means that we have to travel almost three hours to get there in bus, so we wake up at 4:00 AM on Tuesday to catch the bus and get there on time!!! Yay!! haha. I don't know if I'll ever get used to that. Elder Menchu and I get along pretty well. He is pretty excited to work hard. He is from, Totonicapán, Guatemala. He has only been here in this area for one transfer so I am sure that we will end up learning a lot together. As for right now we don't have a ton of investigators and I have only met a couple of them so in the coming weeks I will tell you more about all of them as I get to know them better. Last Wednesday we taught English classes to about ten kids and that was kind of fun! It is hard to teach English using Spanish. haha. I am sure that it will help me to learn Spanish better though. Yesterday church was a bit different that in my last area. We had fifty people there and that was a lot according to my companion. We are the ones who get to prepare and bless the sacrament because there aren't very many priesthood holders. I am just excited to get to know everyone and the area better in the coming week! I just want to tell you guys that I know that the Gospel is true! I know that this work I am doing is the work of the Lord and that His hand is in it. He guides and directs this work through the Holy Ghost and His inspired leaders. I am so grateful that I have been called to do this work and that the Lord trusts me enought to do it! I hope you all have wonderful week! I love you all so much! Take Care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie Elder Condie still needs your prayers because he is still having headaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment