Monday, April 27, 2015

How are you all doing?

Hey Everybody, How are you all doing? I hope that you have all had a wonderful week! My week ended up pretty good. I am happy and enjoying myself enen though we have had a few challenges in the last two weeks. Our biggest challenge is that Adrian and Angel Arredando still haven't been confirmed since their baptism three weeks ago. I think it was hard because they missed the first Sunday after their baptism because they went to visit their grandpa, and have then since lost interest in going to church. This is hard for us, but we are still working with them trying to figure out what we can do to help them and figure it all out! Our other challenge is that we don't have a ton of people to teach and we are struggling to find new investigators. Really I think that is one of our biggest obstacles, is just finding people we can teach! We are trying to find new people, but so far we haven't had much success. We did recieve a couple of references today that we need to contact so hopefully they will be a good start! Other than that we are doing pretty good. The Vazquez Family is doing pretty well. I am so excited for the progress they are making. Last week we taught Damian and his family about the Word of Wisdom. He drinks a lot of coffee and we set goals with him so he can quit. He has gone from drinking three coffee's a day to only one which is faster than even our goals were that we set with him! I love to see his enthusiasm and commitment to change and live the way that God wants for us. I am so glad I get to teach and help them follow Jesus Christ. It was also really cool too because they signed up to feed us on the lunch calendar in church. It was funny because the four of us (we always eat with the other two missionaries in our ward( arrived for lunch and Elizabeth had bought half of a roasted chicken for every single one of us. She said, "I heard someone in church say you guys eat a lot so I got you all your own half!" We all ate our whole half chicken, but I was super stuffed. It was good though and I had lots of fun! Really we are doing pretty well all together just searching for people to teach! I am praying that we can find the ones who are searching for the gospel so that we can help them! I love teaching but it is pretty hard when we don't have anyone to teach! Please pray for us to find them I know that it will help us! Really even though it is a challenge I am so thankful to be here serving my mission! I know that I am being blessed for being here serving God! I have learned in this past week so much more because of this challenging period we are having! I know that God gives us these trials so that we can be strengthened and learn to grow and have more faith in Him! I know that God loves me and every single one of you. I am so thankful to know that we are his children and that he wants the very best for every single one of us. I know that He has a plan for us and that through living His gospel and commandments that we can find greater happiness in our lives now and for eternity! I am so grateful for that peaceful knowledge and that I can feel His love around me! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you and pray for you! Thank you for all of your love and support for me! Con Amor, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment