Thursday, April 16, 2015

It was a good week - We finally had our baptism

Hello Everyone, I hope this last week was good for all of you guys! My week was pretty good! I hope you guys are all staying healthy and happy! I hope that you are finding success in your lives! I want you all to know how much I love you guys! Our week was pretty good. We finally had our baptism of Adrian and Angel Arredondo on Tuesday night. I am so thankful that we were able to have that baptism because we worked like crazy to help it happen! Thankfully their dad was able to make it and it all ended well. I baptized Angel, who is ten, first and then Elder Ventura baptized Adrian, who is twelve, right after. Victoria, our recent convert, lives near them and we have had her come with us a few times to visit them, anyway she shared the thought about baptism in the program and it was really good. I love to see the growth in those we teach! That is the biggest blessing of being a missionary to me! The Vazques family is doing good. They are progressing so much. This week we found our that they are not married, but they said they would get married so they can be baptized. They went to church with us yesterday. It was Damian's first time in our regular meetings and he was just asking question after question which was really cool. This last week I had a really great birthday! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! We went to Sirloin on Monday, then Tuesday after the baptism the ward threw a surprise party for me, Elder Fuentes (our zone leader, his birthday was on the 5th), and another sister in the ward. It was incredibly nice of them! Elder Ventura received a package last week and his Mom had sent me a birthday present. It was two shirts one from EFY and a basketball jersey from Benemérito, the school that is now the CCM (MTC), Elder Ventura went there. It was a great birthday! Well today was transfers and it is bitter-sweet because Elder Ventura left me. I am still in my same area and house; he is going to be a zone leader in an area on the coast (it's like nine hours away). That means I have finished my training. My new companion is Elder Benitez,(Ben-ee-tezz) he is from Mexico City. I think it will be good for me to learn and grow but I am also nervous! Elder Ventura was a great companion, but I look forward to getting to know my new one better! I am starting my fourth transfer here and last week I passed my four month mark which feels fast but slow at the same time! Really it is good and I am excited. I am so thankful for this chance that I have to serve as a missionary of the Lord. I know that this is his restored gospel on the earth and that he is at the head of the church! I am so thankful that we have a living prophet who leads us and guides us in this day! I am so grateful to know that God has a plan for me and every single one of his children and that he is watching over all of us! I am so thankful for this knowledge and the opportunity I have to share it with others! I want you to know I love all of you! Have a great week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment