Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a good week! I also want to wish you all a Happy (late) Easter (yesterday)! I hope you all enjoyed the break that you had and that you were able to have a chance to rest and relax! I want you all to know how much I love you and that I think about all of you often! This week was a really good week for us! Last Monday we had our zone activity, then on Friday we had a zone meeting, and also exchanges, then on Saturday and Sunday we had the opportunity to listen to General Conference. We didn't have our baptism though; the reason being that Adrian and Angel's dad couldn't get off work, so it will be on Tuesday night when he can be there. Luz Maria isn't going to be baptized because she says she wants to wait, at this point we are not sure why, so we are trying to figure out what we can do to help her! It is difficult for us because she seemed excited and ready, but hopefully we can figure it all out! Our other investigators are doing well. The Vazquez Family is doing wonderfully. Before we thought that only Elizabeth and her two kids were going to be able to be baptized because Damian (the Dad) works as a taxi driver and works Sundays; so without attending church he can't be baptized; but when we taught about baptism the asked what they needed to do. We told them that they need to go to church and keep their other commitments. He said he would change his work schedule so he could go! He went to the Priesthood Session of Conference with us and next week he will be going to church with us. Elizabeth and her kids went to three out of the four general sessions of Conference, both sessions on Saturday, and the morning session on Sunday! They are great and I am so excited for them and the progress they are making! The Gonzalez Family is doing okay, they have yet to come to church which is challenging, but we are still working with them to teach them and resolve their questions and doubts. The dad has had many different bad experiences with other churches and wants to be sure before he makes any big decisions. He has a true desire to know the truth but he is very confused with everything that has happened in the past so we are trying to help him to be less confused. I hope we can continue to help them learn and grow. Today was a good day for us. Four of us (Elder Ventura and I and Elder Fuentes and Elder Creason (our zone leaders, who are in our ward with us) went to Sirloin Stockade for lunch. It is just like a Golden Corral. It was Elder Fuentes' birthday yesterday and mine on Wednesday so it was a fun little celebration for us! General Conference this last weekend was absolutely wonderful! I loved every session. I listened to all of it in Spanish and really I understood most everything! I feel like I am finally understanding Spanish better just in time for transfers next week (I am afraid I will be getting a new companion, I just hope I can communicate with him as well as I can with Elder Ventura!) I encourage all of you who didn't get to watch or listen to go and watch it online at lds.org it is wonderful and inspired messages for us in this day! I don't know what was my favorite, but I loved all that they talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ because of it being Easter yesterday! I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and that through his Atonement we can overcome all things! I am so thankful for the opportunity we have at this time of year to celebrate His Sacrifice of the Atonement and His Resurrection. I know he is mindful of us and through fervent prayer we can find help and solace in all times. I know that His hand is in this work. I know that He is preparing people to receive His Restored Gospel and that He makes the pathway possible for those who have the faith to follow Him. I can see Him touch the lives of those we teach every single day. I love this work and am so thankful to be a part of His holy work! I love all of you and pray for you! I hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment