Monday, April 27, 2015

I hope you all had a wonderful week and that you are doing well!

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week and that you are doing well! I want you to know how much I love you guys and that I pray for you always! I hope that you are all happy and healthy and that life is going good! This week for me was a hard week. On Monday we had transfers and Elder Benitez became my new companion. He is a wonderful person and I am thankful to have him as a companion. He has eight months in the mission. He is a happy person with a dedication to the work of the Lord and I am thankful to have him here to help me with the work! I already feel like he is my friend and I think he feels the same about me, I hope! This week was hard because we struggled to find people at home to teach them. Since Elder Ventura left, I am the one that knows the area and it is hard for me to lead out in who we will visit and when. We didn't have many lessons and that was hard because it meant a lot of walking in the heat, and it has been hot this week! We went in search of many future investigators and didn't find anyone all week long. That is our goal for this week that we can follow the guidance of the Spirit to find those who are ready for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. Even though it was a hard week it was good for me. I know that we experience challenges in our lives so that we can grow and learn and I am thankful for this challenge. I know that through this I will learn how to better plan to find people and to also have success in teaching those whom we have already found! I am comforted by the scripture in Ether 12:27 which talks about how God gives us weaknesses so that we can become strong through our faith and reliance upon him. I know that I am learning more every day how to have that faith and to rely on him and his will for us. As missionaries I know that he guides us and directs us, but that we need to be open to his guidance and direction. I feel very priveledged to be here in Mexico walking all day long in the heat and the dust so that God can show me my weaknesses and so that through my faith and trust in him that he can help me to grow and become stronger through him and his love. I know that God loves every single one of us. We truly are his children and He wants the best for us in our lives. He doesn't give us these challenges because He doesn't love us, but He gives us these challenges because He knows that we have the strength to overcome them with His hand in our lives. I know that He lives, that He loves us, and that He is aware of our challenges. I know that it is only through Him and His atoning sacrifice that we will overcome all that we have been given to carry and overcome. I love Him for these challenges and I know that He will give us all the strength we need to overcome them. I love you guys and hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment