Sunday, July 31, 2016

We had some good lessons this week with our investigators!

Hey everyone, I hope that all of you have had a wonderful week and that you are all well. I have had a pretty good week this week. It was hard getting adjusted to leading the area with a new companion and I still missed Elder Cruz a bit, but I am getting slowly adjusted to my new companion Elder Felix and I enjoyed our time together. We had some great lessons this week and I was able to feel strongly the Spirit this week. It felt weird guiding the area alone this week. It was the first time I have guided and area alone in six months so it took some getting used to once again. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that again for a long time as I had hoped that Elder Cruz would be my companion longer, but this week was the trial as I was forced to do it with the transfer. I guess I did a pretty good job because we didn't get lost and we were able to make it to our scheduled appointments. I think I have been blessed to be able to learn the areas quickly it just is kind of challenging because my companion doesn't know much and is still quite disoriented here. Hopefully quickly he will learn and it will become easier. Elder Felix is a good missionary and I think it will be fun for us to be here together. I know that he will become a good companion for me, it has just been hard accepting the unexpected change. He has six months in the mission, but he is already a pretty good teacher and I have enjoyed learning to teach with him. He is from Tabasco, in southern Mexico. He is a serious person, but can be pretty fun when he wants to. I am excited to get to know him better. This week we had some good lessons. The best lessons were with Beatriz. We taught her twice. The first time we focused a lot on the need for her to pray and ask God if she should be baptized so that she can make the decision to be baptized. She told us she wants to and is convinced that she will do it, but just not sure of how soon. We also had another lesson on the Plan of Salvation that was super powerful and she was super overcome when we talked about the fact that we can have eternal families and as we receive the ordinances of the Temple that we can be saved in the Celestial Kingdom. She loved hearing that and told us that she has felt that since we have been visiting and teaching her that she feels "full" whereas before she never felt the same way. It has been really cool teaching her and to top it all off yesterday in Gospel Principles we learned about Baptism and she talked to us after and told us that she knows she needs to be baptized she just needs to decide when. Hopefully we can help her to be baptized soon. We were finally able to find Jaime again this week and finish lesson one on the Restoration with him. We were able to explain it to him and help him to understand that there is a living prophet here on earth and to also understand the need of the Book of Mormon. It was a good lesson. He also came to church yesterday, so hopefully we can continue to visit with and help him to learn about the church and progress towards being baptized. Overall it was a good week. I just want to share my testimony of the importance of obeying God's commandments and living his laws. I know that really our happiness here in this life and our eternal happiness depends on our obedience and our decisions here and now. Of all the things we can teach and learn in the Gospel I think this is probably the most important principle of all. Obedience is key to our success. If we choose to do what is right we will never go wrong. If we live righteously we will have what God knows is best for us and He will continually bless our lives. I know He lives and that He loves us. He has given us commandments for our good and if we will live them we will be happy! As President Monson says, "Decisions determine destiny," so let us make wise decisions always. I love each and every one of you! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take great care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment