Monday, July 18, 2016

I'm sad that Elder Cruz got transferred because he was a great companion!!

Hey everyone, I hope that you are all well and that you have all had a great week. This week for us went well and we had lots of fun, but was a trial for me at the end. My companion Elder Cruz got transferred and I am sad because he has been a really great companion for me and I didn't want him to leave. That was probably the hardest transfer I have yet faced in the mission. We were only together for one transfer but we became really great friends and I feel that I was able to learn many things from him in the short six weeks that we spent together. I could tell that it was also a really hard transfer for him. He only had two transfers here in the ward and I could see that he did not want to leave yet and he really struggled as he left today. I really hope that we can serve again together, but I know that if that is not possible that it is because we learned what we needed to learn together. He was just a great companion for me who taught me to love openly and serve with my whole heart and I am going to miss him a lot. I still wish he was here with me, but I think what I have to learn about this is that it not so important what I want or my will, but the will of the Lord and what He wants and what He knows is best for each and every single one of us as His Children. With Elder Cruz we were able to work hard together in this area and find lots of people to teach and strengthen many others. I could see that he truly loves and loved the people here and I hope that I can develop that same love for all of those that we teach and serve here. Our investigators are doing well. Beatriz and her son Jose are still progressing well towards baptism on their date of August 6th. They have attended church every Sunday since the day we found them and I am super excited to work with them. They are pretty much the only investigators that are showing an active progress. They have a great desire to learn and to do what God would have them do and I am so thankful to have received their referral. Hopefully we can continue to help them to learn and to grow. My new companion is Elder Felix he is from Villahermosa, Tabasco, México. He has six months in the mission. He seems like he is super excited to work hard and help the members to be involved in the work and I hope that together we can hasten the work here in our area! I am thankful to have him and I hope that together we can become great friends and do a great work to build the faith of the ward and the people we serve. I know that sometimes life throws at us trials and challenges. Things that we do not want or expect or wait for. Things that we wish wouldn't happen or have happened. Things that we cannot control or cannot change. It is in those moments that we can decide to give up or to be stronger. I feel like I am in one of those moments in my mission and as hard as it is, I have to be stronger. The Lord doesn't ever give us any trial too big or too strong to overcome. He gives us things to make us stronger and to help us grow! I know that if we trust in Him and do what is His will for us we can become better than we ever were before! I know that change is hard, trial is hard, and that as we trust in Him all is easier. We can do hard things. We can do all things. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment