Saturday, July 9, 2016

Happy Independence Day! We found a great new investigator!

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well and that you were all able to have a wonderful Independence Day! I was thinking a lot about all of you yesterday and about the many blessing we have living in the United States of America. I honestly have seen more so now since being here in Mexico that it is a great blessing to live where I live and to receive the many blessings that come from living in a free country where we may live what we choose to live! Our week this week went pretty well although we were pretty busy working to help the sister missionaries in our ward make their baptism happen through a few trials! By the end of it they had their baptism and everything. We found a really great new investigator this week, her name is Beatriz Vazquez. She was a referral from a less active sister in the ward. We went and visited her on Saturday and found out that she is a single mother with young children. She has two sons that I think both are at the age of baptism one is 14 and the other close to 8 and then she has I think another daughter and son that are younger, we didn't get to know them all very well because they were all outside playing while we were talking to her! She showed great interest in our message and committed to read the Book of Mormon and to pray. She also came to church on Sunday with her children. She has a baptismal date for August 6th and hopefully she can be baptized on that day as long as she continues to prepare to be baptized! It was another great blessing of the Lord for us. Jaime we haven't been able to visit this week because he hasn't been available and he didn't come to church. Hopefully we can find him one of these next couple of days and see how he is doing because we don't really know what is going on with him and all, but I hope that we can continue to help him to progress and learn of the Gospel! So far our investigator that has shown the greatest interest and progress is Beatriz so I am excited about her! Really all is going well for us in the work and we are enjoying all that we are doing! I love this work and I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be here serving as one of the Lord's missionaries! I am so grateful for all that I have learned here and for the blessings I am receiving! I know without a doubt that if we strive to live the commandments of God with all of our heart that He will bless us. I know that He looks upon the heart and He sees us for who we are striving to become. He does not set His sight upon our mistakes, but upon our triumphs and as we come unto Him and repent of our mistakes and sins He will remember them no more. I am certain that this is possible because of the perfect sacrifice of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I love Him. I love our Heavenly Father and His perfect love for us as His imperfect children with a divine potential. I know as we strive day by day to improve and to continue forward he will strengthen us in every footstep. Of this I am certain and for this I am incredibly grateful! I love you all and I hope you all have a great week this week! Take great care! and HAPPY FOURTH of JULY!!!!!! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment