Thursday, February 18, 2016

We had the wonderful opportunity to participate in the Worldwide Missionary Training!

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this week! Our week went pretty well. We didn't have very many lessons but we were still able to enjoy our week and learn something new. I hope that all of you were able to enjoy and accomplish many things this week! First of all we had a wonderful opportunity this last week to participate in a Worldwide Missionary Training. It was the first one they have had in over a decade. It was an amazing opportunity for all of us missionaries all over the world to learn and receive instruction from church authorities. We got to hear from three apostles, members of the quorum of the seventy, and other general authorities of the church. It was an awesome training full of inspiring messages and ways that we can improve our work as missionaries. I really loved it! With our investigators this week we didn't have many lessons. We didn't have the luck enough to find them the majority of the week. We had a lesson with Aaron. He is a great kid with a desire to learn more of the Gospel. The hardest thing with him is that we haven't been able to help him get to church because he works on Sundays and can't really change his schedule because his only day off he goes to school in Guadalajara and can't change it. Hopefully we can help him to find a way to get even just an hour to come to Sacrament Meeting on Sundays. We also had another lesson with Martha another investigator that we found the week before. She is a nice girl with interest in how to become better. Hopefully with more lessons and work with her we can help her to work towards being baptized. Other than that we got to go to the Guadalajara Temple on Saturday night. It was a wonderful opportunity to accompany the branch members to our District Temple Night. I loved being able to return to the temple again finally. I felt so strongly the Spirit while there and it testified to me that it truly is the House of the Lord. I love the feelings of peace and calm that I feel while there. I love visiting the temple and feeling God's presence there. I just want you all to know how thankful I am to be a missionary here in Mexico. I have been so blessed to learn and grow. I know that God has a perfect plan for each of us and I know that He inspired my call. I know that if we trust in Him and the things He calls us to do that we will always have success and happiness. I know that He loves each of us and knows what we need best and as we have faith in Him, He can guide us and change our lives. I love each one of you and hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment