Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Our baptisms went great and I got a surprise new companion!

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this week! Our week went pretty well overall even though I cannot believe that once again we are already to Monday writing to all of you! Time is flying by so quickly and sometimes I hate it! Before I know it I will be back in Utah and this will all feel like a long dream. Well anyway this week was a pretty great week even though it was full of crazy moments and some big changes. It was also full of great experiences and wonderful memories! Well on Thursday as Elder Tzub and I were doing our weekly planning and all of the sudden out of nowhere our mission president, President Egginton, called us. The first thought that came to my mind was "What did I do wrong as a District Leader?" and I got all scared. Even though I have been trying to do a good job leading our missionaries here in the district. It wasn't a call because we had done something wrong, but because he was asking if we could help him in a tight situation. One new elder, Elder Hernandez, has been having a hard time with his trainer because he treated him very badly telling him he couldn't teach and many other hurtful things. So President Egginton decided it would be better to have special transfers to help him out. Well Elder Tzub has been in Rio Verde for six and a half months (this is his fifth transfer here -the same amount of time I had in Tizapan almost) and so President decided that he is going to send Elder Tzub to Zacapu, Michoacan, where Elder Hernandez was, and that I am going to finish training Elder Hernandez for his last three weeks of training. Elder Hernandez got here on Thursday and we are in trio until President Egginton can take Elder Tzub to Michoacan. It worked out well though because we were able to still have him here for the baptism on Saturday and he is still trying to show us a bit more of the area together because I still don't know it perfectly. On Saturday we had our baptisms. It all went pretty good once we had the font filled but getting the font filled was quite a fight! We got to the church and found out that one of the doors to the cistern, where we have to close a valve to allow the water to stay in the font, was locked closed and we couldn't find anyone with the key. So we had to break the lock with a rock in order to fill the font in time for the baptismal service. I kind of felt bad that we damaged it, but I do feel like it was necessary. We were five missionaries trying to open the door and we were all prepared for the baptism with everyone invited and everything. After the service though the Bro. Rodriguez who works in the maintenance office told us it wasn't a big deal and that they would fix it! Elder Tzub baptized Pedro, Elder Menchu baptized Franscisco, and I baptized Maria Jose. It was a beautiful service. Their Mom, Lucero, who is a member spoke on baptism and I know she was super excited for that moment. It all really went perfectly in the service, and the Spirit was very strong! Then yesterday they were all confirmed in Sacrament. Bro. Rodriguez confirmed Pedro, Elder Hernandez confirmed Maria Jose, and I confirmed Francisco. It was wonderful and I am excited for their family. They plan on being sealed in a year from now! Really the work is progressing well. We have other investigators who are moving towards baptism and I am excited for them. Hopefully with Ruben we can finish teaching him in time to be baptized on the fifth! Well anyway I will tell you more about them next time! I just want you all to know that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church of God here on this earth. I know that by living the commandments we have recieved through the scriptures and revelation from living prophets will lead us to greater happiness than any other thing in this world! I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that the church was restored by proper Priesthood authority. I am so thankful to have that authority to bless the lives of other people and I love being able to help others to make sacred covenants with God! I love the Gospel. I love being a missionary. I love God and my Savior Jesus Christ. I love each one of you and I wish you all the best this week! Take Care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment