Tuesday, January 19, 2016

We found three new investigators!

Hey Everyone, I hope that you all had an enjoyable week this week! Our week went better than the week before and we had a good time teaching and finding. We found three new investigators, which was a huge blessing for us because we have been searching for a long time now. Other than that we had exchanges one day and the rest of the time we had a normal week. On Tuesday following our District Meeting in Ajijic we came back to our area and our District Leader, Elder Carey, and his companion, Elder Ruiz, had exchanges with us. We were together from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday morning. It was kind of interesting because we split up in two companionships to go teaching, but most of the people we tried to visit weren't home. It was good being able to go do that though because it reminded me of how thankful I am for a good companion. Our investigators seem to be doing pretty well. We got to visit with Aaron twice this last week. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation. It was probably one of the best lessons we have had this month. He understood everything really well. We had the lesson in a sister's house closeby and at the end of the lesson she shared a great testimony that brought the Spirit very strongly. He told us that he believes that what we teach is true and that he feels good when he prays. Hopefully we can help him now to attend church. He asked for permission at work, but he had to cover another employee's shift so he couldn't come yesterday. He does want to come though. Our other three new investigators seem to be interested in the message and willing to learn. One is the daughter-in-law of Carmen Ramirez and we taught her when we went to visit the Ramirez family. We read in the Book of Mormon with them and she had a lot of really good comments and told us she is interested in learning more. We didn't get to visit her after that lesson though because when we went to visit them they weren't home. The other two new investigators are a lady named Maria Ortiz and her son Daniel. She is a contact we made back in September, but we could never have a lesson with her because of silly things. She went to the U.S. for a couple of months (where she had her baby) and then she just got back. We finally had a lesson with her and she had many wonderful comments and questions that totally go with the Gospel and the lessons we teach. Her husband wanted to be there to listen, but he didn't make it to our appointment because of work. I think it is a family with wonderful potential to learn and grow. They didn't come to church yesterday, but I think that was for a lack of time to really invite them and tell them about it. Hopefully we can go visit them and invite them better this week! Really the work is moving forward. Sometimes I think I just want it to move faster because I am impatient. I am having to learn how to rely on the Lord and wait for Him to send us those who He has been preparing. I know that this work is His work. I know that the family is at the center of His perfect plan for us. I know that if we live His commandments with all of our might we will be blessed with happiness and joy that is enduring. I know that it is the only true way to find peace and happiness here in this crazy ever-changing world. If we but trust in Him we will be guided and directed to the things that He knows are best for us. Trusting in Him is hard sometimes, but I have learned that it is essential for our well-being and personal happiness. I know He lives. I know He loves us. I know that He is our guide. I know His plan is perfect. I love each and every single one of you and I hope you all know how thankful I am for you! I hope you have a great week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie1

No comments:

Post a Comment