Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Christmas was wonderful and I hope you were able to enjoy time with family and friends!

Hey Everyone, I hope that all of you had a wonderful week last week. I hope you were all able to enjoy Christmas and to enjoy time with family and friends and to enjoy a fun holiday break! I hope all of you were able to feel of the Christmas Spirit and to also take a minute to remember our Savior Jesus Christ on that special day! My Christmas was wonderful and I am so thankful that I was able to feel of the Spirit that day and share the happiness and joy that I felt with others! Truly Christmas is my favorite holiday because it is just so much more special than the rest. I feel everyone has a desire to do good and to express more freely their love to others! We had the opportunity to make cookies on Christmas Day and go and give them to investigators as well as members! It was a special opportunity to show our love and appreciation for all of them! I love the feeling I have when I give freely and lovingly to others! Honestly for me it is so much better than receiving! I feel it is just a small way to give back to My Savior Jesus Christ all that He has given to me! I had a wonderful time getting to Skype with my family. Can I just say that I have been so blessed with a wonderful loving and supportive family! I know that we have all been blessed in so many ways and when I truly think about all of my blessings I am awed by the love and kindness that God and His Son Jesus Christ have for me and for all of us! I know that it is thanks to them that we have all that we do! I hope that in this new year that we may all take a little more time showing our gratitude to them both in prayer and in action by serving those that surround us. Yesterday we spoke in Church and my companion spoke about the many ways we can serve our fellow men and in turn serve God and Jesus Christ by the same actions. 17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. (Mosiah 2:17) I shared about how we may become more Christlike as we work to develop His divine attributes. I know that serving as a missionary has helped me to become more like Him and I hope to continually improve and become like him day by day! I hope you will all join me in becoming more charitable, loving, serving, humble, patient, diligent, faithful, hopeful, meek, kind, obedient, and smart through your daily efforts! I know that it will become a great blessing in our lives and improve our year! I hope that as we all resolve to do a little better that we can diligently work everyday of the new year to achieve the goals we set that we might reach and fulfill them! I am doing well and we are having fun and working to help those we are teaching. At the moment we do not have any progressing investigators. We are at the stage where we are trying to do one last battle to help them progress before leaving them behind. We are also looking for more investigators and trying to continually fortify the branch and the members here! I am truly enjoying the mission and cannot wait to see what comes in the new year. Please continue praying for our success and that we may find those who are searching for the Gospel in their lives! I am so thankful to be a missionary in this time when the world so needs the message of peace and joy that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. I am thankful to be His representative and servant working to become more like Him and helping others become closer to Him. I know without a doubt that this is the best thing I can be doing at this time. I know that Christ is directing this work and that He helps us to change the lives of those around us! I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend the greater part of this new year to serving Him and His children. I love each and every one of you! I wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment