Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas time definitely feels different here in Mexico!

Hey Everyone, I hope that you all had a wonderful wonderful week this week! I hope that you are enjoying this wonderful time of the year! Christmas is such a great season! It definitely feels different here in Mexico than it does in Utah! I am missing the snow, but I am not missing the cold too much. It has been colder here the last couple of weeks which is nice in some ways but bad in others. It means I have been walking around in a sweater. It is just hard sometimes because here the weather is super bipolar. One minute it is cold, the next the sun is out and we are sweating and then it gets cold again! Haha! I am going to miss a white christmas! Our week went pretty well. We taught a lot of different people including investigators and less active and inactive members! We finally had an investigator come to church yesterday! His name is Jorge. He is the brother of Carmen Ramirez (the Ramirez family I have been telling you guys about)! We had a pretty intense lesson with them on Friday telling them that unless they actually read and pray and attend they will never get an answer. We went and invited them again to church on Sunday morning and he came to Sacrament. I really hope that we can help them to really develop a testimony and be baptized. He told us afterwards that he really liked the meeting. We are going to visit them again tonight and I hope we can help them to move forward! We also visited with Enrique a couple of times this week. He is pretty hard to convince about the necesity of attending church. He has been reading and praying however so hopefully that helps him to gain a greater desire to come to church. He has some pretty crazy ideas sometimes and it really challenges me to answer his questions in a way that helps him to understand and at the same time have a continuing desire to learn more. Our other investigator that we were teaching for awhile, Guadalupe, moved all of the sudden and now we do not know where she is. Hopefully we can find her and teach her more because she did seem quite interested in the message. Other than them we don't have many investigators right now and we are trying to continue to find more! Overall the work here is going well. We had exchanges on Tuesday with the Zone Leaders and it went pretty well. I was in our area and we had some really good lessons. Then on Friday morning we went and got another elder, Elder Ruiz, from Sahuayo because his companion went home and he was with us until this morning and we took him so that he could get his new companion. Elder Muñoa and I still have one more transfer together until February. I am excited for this week in a way because we have to go to Zamora, Michoacan for a training on good health on Saturday, then on the following Monday we have Zone Conference with President Egginton in Zamora. We will be there practically all day because we have the meetings in the morning and then in the evening we are having a Christmas Devotional and Dinner with President and Sister Egginton. I am excited for it and I look forward to Christmas the next week! I just want to tell you all that I know that this church is true! I know that Jesus Christ restored it through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I am so thankful that I have been given this opportunity to represent Jesus Christ as a missionary. I am so thankful for this time of year that we have to remember and celebrate His Birth and Mission here upon the earth! I know He lives and that He loves us. The greatest gift we can ever give to Him is to follow His commandments! I love each and every single one of you! I hope you all have a great week! Take Care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment