Thursday, December 3, 2015

I can see the hand of the Lord in my life as a missionary!

Hey Everyone, I hope this email finds you all happy and well (even if it means you are a bit cold from the fresh snow!) I had a really good week last week. I can definitely see the hand of the Lord in my life as a missionary and how He is constantly blessing each one of us. This week was the first week for Elder Muñoa and I together. It went pretty well for us. He is a good kid and I can see a lot of potential in him to be a great missionary. I know that I have been blessed to be able to train him and to be able to share what little knowledge I have about Missionary Work. I am excited to see how much he grows in the coming weeks and months together. I have already seen him share some very great thoughts during our lessons. Our job now is to just strengthen his teaching skills and his knowledge of the basic principles of the lessons! We had some really great blessings in our work this week. We found 8 new investigators. I am super excited to teach them. The first two are Hermila Arroyo and her husband. She was a referral that we received through the self-reliance program. I could tell that she has a desire to find peace and happiness in her life and I hope that we can help her to find it through the Gospel. The other six are part of a family. Enrique is the dad and we talked to him a few weeks back as we were traveling home from Ajijic. He seems to be the one most interested. We have taught him two times and his family once. I hope that we can help him to gain a greater understanding of the Gospel and strengthen his faith in Christ. It was a great blessing to us. Our other investigators are doing pretty good. Francisco (Lorena's husband) is doing well. We had a lesson with him on Friday after we got back from Guadalajara. We taught him the whole lesson of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It went really well and we were able to teach him with Lorena a bit more about the Book of Mormon and how he can develop his own testimony. I can see a desire to learn and to work towards keeping his commitments and being baptized. The biggest thing is he has lots of questions and doubts and we are going to have to help him quit smoking and drinking coffee. Our other new investigator from last week is Guadalupe. She is a friend of an inactive sister we have been teaching lately. We taught her about the Book of Mormon as well and emphasized how she can find an answer through prayer, scripture study, and church attendance. Unfortunately none of our investigators came to church yesterday. I hope we can get them to come next week! It was pretty cool because yesterday President and Sister Egginton along with Elder and Sister Anderson (the new senior couple who will be secretaries in the mission office and sister and brother-in-law of Sister Egginton) came to church in our Branch of Tizapan. It was great to see them and get to hear them speak. I ended up teaching them in Gospel Principles (Sunday School) in both English and Spanish because they are still learning. I think it went pretty well. Afterwards we had a potluck at church for lunch (every third Sunday we do it) and they stayed and ate with us. It was fun and I was able to talk to them a bit more about the branch. I love them they are great leaders and they show so much love, support and confidence in us. Overall it was a great week and I am excited to see how the work goes with Elder Muñoa and our new investigators! Please pray for us to help them to be baptized! I just want to share my testimony of the preparation that God is giving to all of His children. I know that He is working in the lives of all of His children to bless them with a knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have seen how He prepares people. I know that He is aware of every single one of His children. I am so thankful to know that He is a loving father that wants to bless each of us as His sons and daughters. We must only choose to let Him in and change our lives. I know He is changing mine and that He can change yours! I love each one of you and pray for you always! I hope you have a fun and happy week! Take care. Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment