Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This week was full of lots fun and crazy things!

Hey everyone, Wow this week was a long week full of lots of fun and crazy things! I had food poisioning last week and I was in bed almost all day Monday and Tuesday. We were finally able to go out and teach on Wednesday and I am now finally feeling all better! It was a horrible sickness and I am just glad that it is over now. Arturo seemed to be doing pretty well this week. He has continued working to not drink, but I know that it is super hard on him. The other day we had an appointment to go visit with him and we arrived at his house and his son was there and told us that Arturo had left to go to Guadalajara for awhile, but didn't tell us exactly how long. We ended up visiting his mom a couple of days later and we asked her why he left and she said for his own benefit and didn't tell us much more. We think that he is probably in some sort of rehabilitation center but they haven't told us that directly. Whatever he is doing and wherever he is though I really hope that it is for his benefit and that it helps him. It was just kind of a bummer because they didn't tell us anything and we don't know when he will be returning! Other than that on Friday night Elder Raya, one of the Assistants to the President called me and told me that I have been selected to train a new elder for the next two transfers. Honestly it didn't surprise me to much but it was a little unexpected for the timing. I am excited to be able to train a new elder and we will be staying in our area of Tizapan. My son (that is our language for the elder whom we train) is Elder Muñoa from Chiapas. He is 18 and seems really excited to share the gospel. I hope that I can do a good job training him how to be a hardworking and successful missionary! I hope you will all pray for me! I need all the help I can get in doing this. Honestly I think it is a great blessing and responsibility and I just hope that I do a good job teaching him and being a good example! On Saturday night we had a miracle happen. We went to go visit with Hna. Lorena to let Elder Menchu tell her goodbye, but she was visiting her mom in Guadalajara. It surprised us though because Francisco, her husband, invited us in to talk to him. He told us that he is ready for us to teach him the lessons so that he can be baptized. Honestly it was a huge surprise because before he pretty much didn't show interest in our lessons. He told us though that he has felt that for a long time God has been trying to talk to him and that he is ready to change his life! I am super excited to start working with him along side with Elder Muñoa because I was at first worried to train an elder here with so many challenges in finding people to teach! Really I know it was an answer to my prayers! I just want to share with you my testimony of the work of the Lord. I know that missionary work is His work because it is helping Him with His work of "bring[ing] to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). I know that He is preparing the way for His children to accept the Gospel. I am so thankful that I have this wonderful opportunity to work alongside Him in the greatest work on earth. Honestly I have a sure testimony that this is His work and He guides us in it. "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." -3 Nephi 5:13 I hope you all have a great week! Love you all and take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment