Thursday, December 3, 2015

I missed being able to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, but I still tried to think of everything that I am grateful for!

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week and a very happy Thanksgiving Day! I missed being able to celebrate it this year. Here they really do not celebrate it, so I definitely missed out on the Turkey and all of the goods! I hope it was a very enjoyable holiday for all and that you were able to truly remember how incredibly blessed we all are! I tried to still think about what I am grateful for and it was then that I realized we are so blessed in every aspect. More than anything in our knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our Families! This week went pretty well for Elder Muñoa and I. We were able to find six new investigators. Five are a family, the Ramirez family. The mother is Carmen and she has three daughters, Milagros (Mili), Ramona, and Andrea. We also taught Carmen's brother, but I don't remember his name. We taught them two times this last week. They seem quite interested in knowing about the truthfulness of our message and we taught a lot about the need to read The Book of Mormon and also to pray and attend church. So far only Andrea has read in the Book of Mormon and none of them made it to church on Sunday. The other new investigator is Jose Chavez. He is related to one of the brothers in the branch and he introduced us to him. We gave him a Book of Mormon, but we haven't had a chance to teach him much because when we went to talk to him we were running late for our lunch appointment, but hopefully we can teach him better in the coming days! Our other investigators are doing alright, but this week we really didn't get much of an opportunity to teach them because many of them were not home when we tried to visit and many were out of town. Guadalupe was out of town until yesterday afternoon and when we went she was busy taking care of all of the chores she didn't have a chance to do until she got back. Enrique we visited on Tuesday and had a good lesson with him about the Plan of Salavation. With him his biggest impediment is that he still hasn't received an answer and he doesn't want to come to church and feel like an outsider. With Fransico he has been super busy working on their house, he is constructing on the roof a wall to go all of the way around so that they can put their dogs up there. None of them came to church. That really is our biggest challenge is getting people to church on Sunday. Please pray for us to help them attend! We are trying to figure out what more we can do to help them to come. Overall this week was a pretty good week. We visited a lot of less active members and those visits went well. It was nice because even though we didn't have investigators in Sacrament Meeting we did have a higher attendance than most Sundays lately. I hope we can continue to strengthen the members here. Really that is a big job and we are trying to do all we can to help this branch become stronger! Really I know that the Lord is at the head of this great work. It is His work. He wants all of us to come unto Him and become perfected through His Atonement. I know that even though there are challenges and trials in all of our lives that He is aware and watching. He is willing and waiting for us to ask for His hand that He may help us up and out of any trial or tribulation. I know that He loves me and every single one of you! I have come to feel that same love for all of those we teach. He truly is there for us and loves us always no matter who we are, who we have been or what we have done; He loves us. I know that it is through Jesus Christ, the Lord, that we can overcome anything and everything that attacks us or that we face! I am so thankful for that knowledge and for His continued help and guidance in my life! I love each and every single one of you and I hope that all is well! Have a wonderful week and take good care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment