Monday, September 28, 2015

We had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Guadalajara Temple!

Hey Everyone, I hope that this email finds all of you happy and healthy. I hope you all had another great week this week. I had a pretty great week and it was a little bit less crazy for once which was kind of nice for a change. On Tuesday we had a wonderful opportunity to go to Guadalajara and attend the temple there. I was so grateful to be able to enter into the House of the Lord and feel the incredibly strong and beautiful spirit that resides there. The Guadalajara Temple is one of the little ones that you see around the world. It really is super teeny-tiny. It only has one ordinance room and I am pretty sure that it could only fit like fifty people at a time there. It is still incredibly beautiful and peaceful there. That is definitely something I realized being there, is that no matter how big or small a temple is, it is still the House of the Lord. I really loved how all around it is the super huge city of Guadalajara and as you are inside it is completely silent and peaceful! It was kind of sad because Elder Menchu forgot his reccomend and I didn't think to ask him about it and we didn't realize until it was too late to return home for it! We got to the temple and they tried to call President Egginton but he didn't answer in time to enter the session. They still let me go in because I had mine with me and Elder Menchu had to wait with one of the Temple President's Counselors. About ten minutes after the session started Pres. Egginton called back and said he could go in, but the session had already started. At least he was able to go help with sealings, but I think he was kind of bummed out about it! I hope we get to go again soon so that he can participate! It was also really cool because the temple is outside of our mission (it is in the Mexico Guadalajara Mission), so we had to leave the mission to go. We saw a group of other missionaries there at their zone conference (right in front of the temple is a stake center). One of them was my cousin Elder Rider (Natalie's son)! We had arrived early so we got to talk to him for a minute and I took a photo with him! It was kind of cool getting to see him! Other than our trip to the temple our week was quite normal. It was really cool because yesterday Arturo, our investigator we have been teaching for a little while (off and on) now, finally came to church for the very first time. He stayed for all of our classes and at the end he said that he really liked it and felt comfortable there because he knows one of the sisters in the branch. We have been working a lot with him trying to help him improve and keep his commitments. I was glad to see him arrive at church because it really shows a desire to do what we have invited him to do! I hope that we can help him to learn and progress and prepare to be baptized! Other than our regular visits with various investigators and members not much has changed. With our baptism last week we are trying to find new people and trying to help our existing investigators to progress. Please keep praying for us to find those who are ready here in our area! I am excited because today was transfers once again, but Elder Menchu and I will be together for at least six more weeks. I am excited to see what more we can accomplish together here! I just want to leave you all with my testimony about our beloved prophets. I know that Jesus Christ has always called prophets to teach us, guide us, and to lead His church here on the earth. I know that prophets have written our holy scriptures and I know them to be the word of God. I know that a prophet must be called of God and by His authority. I know that Joseph Smith was the Prophet of the Restoration and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet here on the earth today. I am so excited for the General Conference this Saturday and Sunday and for the opportunity that we have to listen to and learn from our beloved prophet and the Apostles of God. I know that they receive revelation for us in our day and I invite all of you to listen intently to what they speak and apply what you learn in your lives. I am so grateful for a living prophet who guides and directs us in our day! I love each and every one of you and pray for you always! I hope that you have a wonderful week and are able to learn and grow from General Conference this weekend! I love you all! Take Care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment