Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I hope you all had a wonderful week!

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this last week! I had a pretty good week. We are just working on finding people to teach and trying to teach those people that we do have! I had a week full of traveling once again! I went to Sahuayo for companion exchanges and then on Friday we had Zone Meeting and we went to Chapala. I am doing pretty good and I had a good week! On Tuesday last week I went to Sahuayo with Elder Ruiz (he is the companion of my district leader, Elder Toala (who is from Samoa)). I was there Tuesday and Wednesday and on Thursday morning I returned to Tizapan. Elder Ruiz is a new missionary in his second transfer. It was kind of fun to go teaching with him and see how it is to be a new missionary from the perspective of someone else! I can see in Him such a vigor for the work and excitement in being here, and it makes me want to redouble my efforts everyday. I could see him striving to learn to be a better teacher and the little things that he can improve and do better. It was a cool experience for me because it helped me to see really how much I have grown and learned in the months since I arrived in the mission. I still feel new somedays, but really I have grown so much and I cannot wait to see how much more I can learn in the coming months! It was super hot in Sahuayo (it is about an hour away in Michoacán) and it helped me to be thankful for my area. Really here in Tizapan it is rather temperate because of Chapala Lake and we receive more rain here too! This week it was a bit cooler because it rained a little bit more. On Saturday it rained almost all afternoon which was much appreciated. Really I like my area a lot it is super green and beautiful. Hna. Lorena is doing really good. We got to visit her two times this week (well I visited her once and my companion visited her twice because of exchanges). She is progressing really well and I can see her testimony growing. Last week we taught her about the Word of Wisdom and she liked to drink coffee but when we taught her she said she would try to quit. This week when we visited her she told us that she hadn't drunk coffee since that lesson and that she only had a headache for two days afterward (she was afraid of more problems from quitting the coffee but was surprised that she could do it!) On Thursday we taught her about Priesthood and Missionary Work and we were able to help her understand better some of her questions. She understood the lesson really well and we invited her to share the Gospel. A day later we saw her husband in the street and talked to him for a minute and asked how they were both doing. He told us that they were doing good and then said "ella va convenciéndome me" which means that she is convincing him about the gospel. He then asked us about a class about self-sufficiency that we are going to have in the coming month. I hope that through her and this class we can help him to be baptized as well! She has a baptism date for the 19th of September and I hope that we can baptize her on that day! She is getting excited for her baptism! Other than that we had our Zone Meeting on Friday in Chapala. It went really well and we talked a lot about Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel which is about developing Christlike attributes! I love this chapter and President Eggington wants to use it as a way to strengthen all of us as missionaries, so that we can then strengthen the members and investigators we teach. He has also asked us that we start working more with less active members to strengthen the wards and branches where we serve. He told us that of 1.4 million members of the church in Mexico only 400,000 are active and we have a great responsiblility to help those who are not active to become active and to keep the covenants they have already made. I am excited to see how it goes. It was a good meeting. I just want to testify of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that there is not other way to find greater joy or happiness in this life than by following the teachings of Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know He loves each one of us. I am so thankful for Him and His great atoning sacrifice that makes it possible for us to become better every single day! I know that He is aware of all of us and that through Him and His loving hand we can do anything! I hope you have a wonderful week this week! I love all of you! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment