Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I loved General Conference

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this week! Our week was pretty crazy busy once again. It went okay teaching, but we didn't have many lessons because we don't really have many investigators at the moment and Lorena our convert has been gone so we didn't get to visit with her either. Overall though it was a pretty great week, just because we got to listen to General Conference. We pretty much only taught lessons this week with one of our investigators because the rest were not home or they were busy. We visited with Hno. Arturo three times. He drank again this week and the day after we had a pretty good lesson with him. I think he really does have a great desire to quit drinking, but as an addict it just isn't all that easy. I have seen some great efforts by him though to change and to become better! We taught him about how he just has to keep on trying, just like the conference talk from April "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying" by Elder Dale G. Renlund (one of our newly called apostles). After that lesson with him we visited him the next two days in a row and invited him to conference. He didn't end up coming to conference, which was kind of a bummer, but on Sunday night afterwards we went and visited him. We taught him more about the requirements for baptism (like that he has to have five attendances in church) and we scheduled a new baptism date for the 7th of November. I really hope we can help him to prepare and be baptized on that day! Other than visiting with Arturo we visited with some other less active members and converts. I really hope that we can continue to find and help some of those members return to church through our efforts. We are trying to find new investigators because honestly right now we don't have very many. Arturo is the only one who is really showing true interest and desire to keep his commitments. Please pray for us to find new investigators, we need them! That is definitely going to be one of our biggest focuses in the coming weeks! I absolutely loved General Conference! If you have not had a chance to watch it or only a section of it I invite you to watch it or watch the sessions that you did not get to hear/see. It was absolutely amazing and incredibly inspired. I felt as if every single word was spoken directly to me, but I also know that it will help others too! I can tell you that they are all inspired to share what they do! I saw a huge theme about faith, centering our lives on Jesus Christ, obeying the commandments and living righteously, and also keeping the sabbath day holy. I loved everything that was spoken. One of my absolute favorite talks was by Elder Dallin H. Oaks (I believe in the Saturday Afternoon Session) that was talking all about the power of the Atonement. I loved how he talked about using that power to overcome adversity and trials. I loved his focus on how Jesus Christ suffered every single pain, affliction, and temptation that we face or experience. His Atonement isn't just for sin, it is complete and all-encompassing. It was a wonderful talk that helped strengthen me! I loved all of the talks but that one especially stood out among others by President Monson, Elder Bednar, President Nelson, and Elder Holland. I love their inspiration and ways of speaking to all of us! I just want to end my email today with my testimony of modern-day revelation. I know that God continues to speak to His children, us. He loves each and every single one of us and He is always available if we but turn to Him in humble prayer and strive to live His commandments. I know that He has called modern-day, living prophets to lead and guide and direct His church here on Earth so that all men may one day return to His presence in our heavenly home. I am so grateful that we receive revelation through our Prophet Thomas S. Monson and the apostles. I know that God has called three new apostles and I fully sustain them. I know that we too can receive personal revelation directly from Him. He will and does answer our prayers through the power of the Holy Ghost, His prophets, and the Scriptures. I am so grateful that He has not changed and that He continues to speak to us in love. I love each and every single one of you and I hope you are all doing well! I hope you all have a great week and take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment