Thursday, October 22, 2015

We had the great opportunity to be trained by a General Authority of the Church.

Hey Everyone, I hope that you are all happy and well! I am doing pretty well and I had a good week. We had another full week, but it was a great one. We were able to teach and learn a lot this week and I am excited to share all about it with you! First of all this week we were able to have lots of lessons with our converts and also less active members. Hna. Lorena finally returned home from Guadalajara Monday night and we were able to have a lesson with her. She is such a fun and great person and I am so excited to see how much she grows from now on. It was really cool because the self-reliance course started this week and her husband (who is not a member) is now attending. I hope that it helps us to have a better opportunity to teach him about the gospel and to help him to one day be baptized so that their family can be sealed in the Temple! We also had the opportunity to go and visit another convert Jose who has been struggling lately with his addiction to alcohol and other family problems. I am really hoping and praying that we can strengthen and help him to overcome these struggles and trials that he is having and become a more active and faithful member of the church! We also had the opportunity to teach Cecilio another convert and he told us that he was able to get Sundays off of work so that he can come to church. We also asked him if he would come visit with us, so I am hoping that by working with him we can find some new investigators! We still didn't find any new investigators this week so we have been focusing in speaking with more people, but also we have been focusing on helping our existing investigators. Arturo is our investigator with the most progress right now, but unfortunately he relapsed and drank this last week on Friday and Saturday. He didn't end up coming to church on Sunday because of the problems. We visited him though and I could tell he felt kind of silly for letting a small dispute with his wife make him drink. He really wants to change and I can see lots of changes already and I hope that we can just keep helping him to move forward and work to overcome his addiction. Other than him our other investigators aren't really progressing right now. On Saturday we had a really great opportunity to go and participate in a training given by a visiting General Authority of the Church in Guadalajara. President Devin G. Durrant, the First Counselor in the Sunday School General Presidency of the Church, came and visited our mission and gave a training for all of the missionaries in Guadalajara and our zone in Chapala. It was a really cool experience to get to listen to and learn from him how we can become better teachers and missionaries. He also focused a lot on how we can better have the Spirit when we teach through our personal preparation and teaching techniques. It was cool to get to participate in that training and later get to shake his hand along with two other Seventies. Really it was a cool experience getting to have a special meeting with a General Authority just for us as missionaries! I just want to leave you all with my testimony of the Power of the Holy Ghost. I know that the Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead and that He truly can dwell with each and every one of us. I know that the Spirit can testify to each and every one of us of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and of any other truth. I am so thankful that we can all have the Gift of the Holy Ghost if we are baptized by the proper authority. I know that the Spirit guides and directs us in decisions and in avoiding danger. I am thankful that God has sent to us the greatest gift He can give. I know that if we will heed the direction and counsel we all receive through the Holy Ghost we can all remain safe and receive personal, direct revelation from God. I know that our Father in Heaven communicates to us through the Holy Spirit and that we can to find comfort through Him. I love each and every single one of you and I hope that you all have a great week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment