Monday, March 23, 2015

I hope you are all doing well!

Hey guys, I hope you are all doing well! This week was a good one for us. I feel good and I am excited to be here teaching the Gospel. I hope you are all doing well and that you had a great week! Well this week was much hotter than last week and the rain pretty much went away after Tuesday with a little tiny bit on Thursday and Friday. I really prefer the rain because it is much cooler, but I am getting used to being hot now. I hope you guys are having good weather! It is officially Spring now, but it feels like summer here almost always! Are you guys still having warm weather or snow again? Well with our investigators we are doing good. The Vazquez Family is a good family (our new investigators), Elizabeth is really interested to learn and I hope they will be baptized. She is pretty accepting of our lessons and invitations which is great! We also found another family, the Gonzalez Family, and the mom (also Elizabeth) has many questions and a desire to find the true church of Jesus Christ. We have only had one lesson with her at this point, but I am excited to teach her. With the Arredando Family it seems like we always run into obstacles. They have not been baptized yet. We are hoping and praying for this Saturday but I am not sure if it will happen because they are facing many financial challenges and we are not sure if Drian and Angel´s dad can come yet or not! I guess we will see! We are still trying to find more people to teach. It is hard to find people who actually can or are willing to progress. It is hard because many people are super laid back here and don´t want to change their lifestyle. Many say they will go to church and never show up even when we have a ride for them, which is frustrating at times. Really the hardest part of this work is that we work so hard to teach and help people understand and the rest is up to them and if they don´t want to do something there isn´t much we can do about it! I just pray every day that we find those who are truly ready to accept this gospel and change their lives! I am doing really well! My Spanish isn´t great but at least the people can usually understand me and I can sometimes understand them! I know with more time I will become better and really I know the Lord has been blessing me! I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve the Lord Jesus Christ! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment