Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I am thankful for your love and support

Hello Everyone, I hope that all of you are doing well and that you had a good week! I love all of you and want you to know how thankful I am for your love and support for me! I hope you all have a great week! I had a good week this week. Luz Maria Arredando didn't end up getting baptized again because she isn't ready to be baptized, we are plannin for the 14th of March and I really hope that she is baptized! It was good though because yesterday Adrian and Angel (the grandsons) came to church with their Mom so now they can be baptized with their grandma, Luz Maria, if their Dad gives his permission. I honestly hope they are all baptized because I love this family and I know that it will help them so much! Victoria, who was baptized a week ago is doing so well! I am so excited to see her enthusiasm and excitement for this change in her life! She really has changed so much in the last month, it is a miracle. Yesterday in Fast and Testimony meething she shared her testimony and it sounded as if she has been a member much longer than only one week! I am so excited to see how much more she grows and improves! The Moya family who we found a couple of weeks ago are doing okay, but they are very Catholic. It is hard to teach people who do not much want to change their religion. I really do not know if we will get very far with them. We have had four lessons and I think they are interested to hear what we have to teach, but they haven't attended church yet. The mother Ana is a bit more stubborn on staying Catholic I believe, but Javier the dad is interested to learn more. I just pray that they pray and desire to find the answer of the Lord for themselves. We will continue to work to help them and teach them until they are either baptized or we feel like they are not going anywhere with the lessons and commitments. Yesterday I too shared my testimony in Sacrament Meeting, which was kind of scary. It was the first time that I had bore my testimony in church (outside the CCM) in Spanish, but I think I did a good job and I think what I said made sense! Honestly Spanish is so hard to understand and speak sometime; but I have learned so much in the last six weeks in the field and I can understand it much better now! Today was transfers, but because I am still training I have one more transfer for sure in my same area with Elder Ventura. Honestly I am glad for that because I am just starting to feel like I understand my role here and I finally feel like I know my area better! I actually really like my area and I am thankful to be here to share the Gospel in my little piece of Mexico. It is very different here, but the people are wonderful! Now we just have to keep searching for those who are ready to listen to our message! I truly am so glad that I have this opportunity to share the Gospel. I know with all of my heart that this message is true, that this is where I am supposed to be, and that the Lord is watching over me! I love you all so much and pray for you every single day! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment