Friday, October 21, 2016

We worked hard this week to find some new investigators!

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this week. I was able to have a pretty good week. Elder Hernandez and I worked pretty hard this week together looking for new investigators to teach. We were looking for the way to find people, and we just started to talk to a ton of people in the street. Honestly that has always been a really difficult thing for me to do. I don't really like just going up to whatever person, randomly and telling them that we are missionaries and would like to share a message with them. I have done it my whole mission, but I have never liked it all that much and I haven't done it very happily. This week though my companion has been helping me to get over that fear. He is pretty fearless which is good for me and I think it is just easier for him to focus on looking for others easier than it is for me. We talked to a lot of people this week, so hopefully that means that in the coming weeks as we go contacting all of those future investigators we will find some serious investigators. We were able to find a new investigator this week through a referral. His name is Miguel Jimenez. It is the father of Ricardo (our convert). We have taught him twice and he seems pretty interested in learning about the gospel. Unfortunately, he didn't attend church yesterday as he said he was going to, but hopefully in the coming week he will. He is a good guy with a desire to become better. He has had many challenges and trials in his family. His wife left him and his family for another man and many things like that and he has an addiction to alcohol. Hopefully as we work with him we can help him to build a testimony of the gospel and he can learn the importance of living the commandments in his life. Our other investigators are doing alright. With Dayana we haven't seen her for over a week and it seems she has kind of lost interest in learning about the gospel. It has been awhile since she last attended church, so we are trying to decide if we are going to continue teaching her. Joshua didn't attend church yesterday either. I am not exactly sure what is going on with him. We talked to his mom this week and invited her to listen to our message and set an appointment with her and she seemed interested and open to listening and learning from us, but then she wasn't home. We haven't been able to have a lesson with Joshua for some time now, so it is kind of a frustrating situation there too. Hopefully we can help him attend church and continue to learn because I would really love to see him be baptized before I have to come home! Anyway, overall the work is going pretty well. We have been trying to focus a lot on finding new people to teach because the majority of the people we have been teaching really haven't been progressing so there is a need to find others. We have a lot of really great prospects so I am excited. The saddest part now is that the majority of them if they do get baptized will be baptized after I come home. 🙁 Oh well at least I can say that I helped to find them and had a part in planting the seed of their conversion. I just want all of you to know that I love you that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that there is now other way to find true happiness now or in the future than to continue firmly on in our journey as His disciples. If we follow Him with true purpose of heart desiring always to serve Him and His children we will find joy and happiness in the journey and even in the trials and challenges. I am certain of the joy that can be found because I have found joy in my own journey. I know that these principles and doctrines are true. There is no other thing anywhere to be found that will give us greater joy. Of this I am certain. We must serve Him with all our heart, might, mind, and strength so that we might receive in Him our gift. I love all of you and I hope you are all well. Take care and have a wonderful week. Love Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment