Monday, October 10, 2016

I hope you all enjoyed General Conference as much as I did!

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this week. I really did. I enjoyed the weekend probably more than any other moment or part of the week. I absolutely LOVED General Conference this weekend. It was so full of inspiration and wonderful direction from the Prophet, Apostles and other General Authorities. I was so full of light and the Spirit as I listened and I loved hearing and listening to their inspired counsels. I cannot say that any one talk was my single favorite because they all seemed to have a great impact on me. I saw many themes and I loved what I felt and heard there. On Saturday I felt the theme of missionary work and the work of home teaching and the role we have in strengthening others. I also felt one of the biggest themes in the whole conference was the theme of coming closer to Christ and getting to know Him personally and on an individual basis. We must grow to know Him through fervent prayer and continued service in all that we do. I feel that it was a powerful message to us that as we strive to repent and become more like Him we can be better sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and we can comprehend better each day the power in the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. I loved every minute of the conference and especially hearing the messages from our beloved Prophet Thomas S. Monson, both in the Priesthood Session and in the Sunday Morning Session speak of the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom. This week went well for us and we were able to find a new investigator named Joshua. He is a referral from a young sister in the Primary of the ward. She is ten years old named Alison. He is thirteen, but they are good friends and one day she just decided to invite him to church and he showed up to their house on Sunday morning three weeks ago and attended church with them. He has come two weeks in a row, but we were unable to visit him because of fallen through appoinments until this last week. He has a great desire to learn of Jesus Christ and come unto Him and attend church. I am amazed by Him. He accepted a baptismal date, but because he didn't attend church this week we are going to have to change it, but I am sure he will be baptized soon. He is an awesome kid. I just want to share with you my testimony of a living prophet of God. I know that our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, is God's Prophet here upon the Earth today and that he speaks God's word. I know that he holds the authority and keys of the Priesthood to guide and direct the Lord's church in this time and to guide us through the darkness of wicked times and perilous moments. If we will listen to a prophet's voice and give heed to his counsel we will not be lost but be guided safely through strife and pain. I know that God loves us and for this He has called prophets and apostles to guide us and direct us in Latter-Days. We must listen to and rely on their guide to be safe and to avoid danger and temptations grasp. I am sure that if we follow them we will be greatly blessed in these difficult times. I love all of you and I hope you have a great week! Take great care and know that I love all of you! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment