Monday, October 10, 2016

I've learned that God's Plans for Us are Perfect even when things are hard!

Hey Everyone, Well this week was a pretty good week. We were able to teach some good lessons and have a few opportunities to learn and find ways to improve. We are still in need of new investigators and this week we talked to a lot of people in the street and we knocked on a lot of doors and we learned as many others about the hardships of missionary work as many others before us have as we didn´t find any new people to teach just yet. Hopefully of the contacts we made we will be able to find some people in the coming days to teach. We were able to learn an important lesson about not letting sad circumstances get us down and let them make us sad or give up. On Tuesday we walked all over the area and all of our plans fell through within the first hour and a half of working in our area. The family that had agreed to feed us that day weren´t home and we didn't have anything to eat, and had little money to buy food with us. We bought a torta and thankfully we felt full. But later on in the day as the hours passed and our plans kept on falling through it became harder to stay excited and positive. I was trying to remain positive and optimistic as we looked for people to visit and things to do or meaningful activities, but it was difficult. Together Elder Ramon and I became discouraged and we sat down to think about what we needed to do. I thought we need to say a prayer. And so I did. I thought of many names and so we went and looked for those people. None of them received us. The thought came to my mind, what then should we do, and why did those names come to my mind? The lesson I think to be learned from all of this and from all of our daily difficulties and trials and all of the trials of our lifes--from all unanswered questions and all unsureties of life-- is diligence and patience. I think the Lord in this moment was trying us to see if we would continue trying, continue pressing forward with faith looking for those He had waiting for us. It required a constant effort and patience in the downturns and the disappointment. It required a firm belief that if we continued trying something good was waiting for us around the next turn or down the next street or behind the next door, and if not that the next time would be different. Life always has its downfalls and its challenges, but we have to look for its uplifting moments and blessings. Eventually something good came of the efforts and we ended up having two uplifting and worthwhile lessons. One of which made us lose another appointment which we wanted to attend. A day later we realized it was a blessing that we did not arrive as there was a family problem that took place during the time in which we would have been present in that home. As I have been here on my mission I have learned many lessons and one of the greatest to me, and one He has continued and continues to teach me is that His plans are perfect. I love this scripture from Mosiah, ``Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.`` (Mosiah 4:9) I know that His plan is perfect. I know that if we trust in Him and His perfect timing all will go the way He has planned for us. If we follow Him and His commandments we can have a firm hope and belief that all will be well and all will be for our best good. Of that I am sure and of that I know. I am a witness of His great love and His merciful direction in my own life. I know at times we may feel like things aren`t going right or that everything is wrong, but according to Him and His plan all is going just fine. Trust in Him and His timing and all will be well. Of that I am sure. I hope we can all work to trust more in God and His plans that are perfect for each of us. I know we can and that as we strive to do so we will be guided and directed by Him and His Spirit. I love all of you and I hope you have a great week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment