Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Elder Condie's email from Jan 8 ,2015

Hello everyone,

This week has been a very quick one, I cannot believe that it is already my P-day again. Before I know it I will be in the field and teaching! I truly am so excited to get to teach all of the wonderful people here in Mexico and I am so thankful that I am here! I cannot believe that I leave the CCM in only ten days! I am so excited to get to Guadalajara and start teaching! The CCM has been wonderful and I am so grateful for all that I have learned here!

Spanish has been hard, but I have improved so much. I know that God is helping me so much and I am so thankful for his help! I am excited to get in the field and be immersed even more fully in the language so that I can learn it well and be able to teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so amazing to me to think about how much I have learned in only four weeks here at the MTC!

Today was a crazy day for us. We got up at 6:00 this morning to get ready and eat breakfast so that we could get on a bus and drive for and hour to get closer to downtown and visit the immigration office to finish the process of extending our visas. It took over an hour to drive there. We had our photo taken and then we waited for over an hour outside the office in the cold so that we could go in and do what we needed to. We were fingerprinted and they had us sign a couple of papers. It was noon by the time we were done. They gave us lunch and then we got back on the bus to head back to the MTC, we drove right through downtown Mexico City which was really cool because we were able to see lots of cool stuff. In downtown there are many big buildings and it is really nice. I was glad that we got to drive through it so that we could see a bit of the city before we fly to Guadalajara in a little over a week!

I have felt the spirit so strongly this week, I love it. On Sunday night we listened to a devotional from Elder Jefferey R. Holland, it was so inspiring! He is like my favorite. He talked about the need for us to be strong missionaries that know the gospel well so that we can teach to the investigators the things that they need to hear. It made me want to be so much better and work harder every single day! I am so grateful for the Apostles and the Prophet and the guidance that they can give us! I am so grateful for Preach My Gospel and the way that it helps us to teach people not lessons!

It has been a good week, we've been busy! It is crazy how quickly it went! It is starting to get colder here, more like their winter. I have been thankful for my coat this week. It has been around 50-60 degrees all week, but our casa and classroom do not have heating or air so it is pretty much the same inside as outside. I miss the snow! 

I love that I have grown so much already and I am thankful for the Spirit that I have had with me during my time here! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here sharing the wonderful message of Jesus Christ! I know that this is the greatest work that I could be doing in my life! I am so excited to share with others. I know that this is the true church on the earth and that this message is meant for every single person on earth! Jesus Christ lives and he is my Savior and Redeemer and I am more grateful for him and his sacrifice than anything else in this world! I know that God and Jesus Christ love us all individually and that they know us and the things that worry us and trouble us. They listen to and answer our prayers. They want so much for us to find happiness through the Atonement and they are there for us whatever we need! I am so grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost and his constant companionship! He guides and directs us every day if we are in tune with his messages and promptings! I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration and I am so thankful that he translated The Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I love reading it daily!

I love all of you guys and hope that you are all doing well! I pray that you all have a wonderful year this year and that all goes well! I love you dearly!

Love,
Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment