Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year Everyone!!

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and a great holiday season this last week! I am so grateful for the happiness that we can have with us in that special time of year! I know that I have enjoyed the Christmas Spirit here in Mexico at the CCM. My Christmas day was a great day, and although I talked to my family on the phone I wasn't too terribly home sick! They had two devotionals for us the live one with Elder Russel M. Nelson and one with Elder David A. Bednar (it was from a year or two ago I think, but still wonderful) and then that night we watched Meet the Mormons (it was the premier of the version with Spanish subtitles that were done here at the CCM) I was so glad that we got to watch it because I had wanted to watch it again! They made us a special turkey dinner that was really nice, so all in all it was a good Christmas for me, I felt the spirit super strong many times that day!

This has been a good week, and I feel much better now! We have done a lot, as always, we are super scheduled all of the time, but I guess it is good to be busy! This week we taught a lot, last night we started what is called TRC where we teach volunteers that can be either members or non-members. We teach for about twenty minutes. Last night we taught about receiving answers to prayers and I think it actually went really well. I could tell that the lady was a member though so who knows if it will be anything like that in the field, I am sure it will always be kind of different just depending on the people that we teach! Spanish is still hard, but I am steadily learning more and I know that I am improving with the help of the gift of tongues! In our lessons we are getting better at understanding what they are saying and how to better respond to their questions. We don't even use a completely written out lesson anymore, we just follow an English outline and translate into Spanish as we go! Being Zone Leader is good, its not actually too much extra work just mostly on Sundays and Tuesdays after the devotional. 

We lost a District in our Zone on Tuesday and we will lose another one next week. We got a new one today, but we haven't met them yet. The Zone that left are all serving in different missions in California. I am going to miss them because they were fun people, we played volleyball with them at gym time a lot! Hopefully our new district will be fun! It is weird we only have two more full weeks here in the CCM, and I cannot wait until I get to the field! It is kind of scary but I am more excited than scared. After the other district leaves next week my district will be the oldest in our zone, its crazy! In many ways it feels like it has gone by so quickly but at the same time it feels like ages that I've been gone!

I am steadily learning more and more Spanish. Some days it is super frustrating because I do not always understand all of the rules of the language, but I just have to stop and remember how much I have learned in the last three weeks. I have to remind myself that I'm not going to be perfect in Spanish right off of the bat and that I need to rely on the help of the Lord to give me the words to speak when I teach. I know that in time and when I am out in the field working to teach people the Gospel that I will become more fluent every single day! I cannot wait for the day when I can just say exactly what I feel in my heart to say without stumbling over the words in Spanish! I am getting really good at bearing my testimony in Spanish though and I know that it will be one of my strongest tools in teaching the people our glad message!

The CCM is really fun and I am really growing to enjoy my time here! The people are all here focused on the same purpose and it makes it easier to know that everyone is working to overcome obstacles here! The spirit is always so strong with us and I love that feeling so very much! I love the opportunity that I have to be here in Mexico preparing to teach those who are ready to receive the restored gospel! I know that this Gospel was put here on Earth by God and through his Prophets for the welfare of man! I know that through sincere prayer and real intent that the Holy Ghost can testify of any truth unto you. I believe with all my heart that this message is true and that the Book of Mormon was restored on this earth by a prophet, Joseph Smith. I am so thankful for him and the service that he did for all men to come unto Christ and be converted and perfected in him! I know that the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the First Presidency of the Church are true Prophets, Seers, and Revelators of God on this Earth today. I know that Jesus Atoned for the sins of the world and through that precious gift we can be cleansed, comforted, and healed for anything! I love all of you so much and the great examples that I have in my life!

I wish all of you a Happy New Year and hope that all goes well for you in 2015! I look so forward to this year and I pray that all with be well with you and with me while I am here teaching the Gospel! I love all of you and miss you!

Love,
Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment