Tuesday, November 15, 2016

As a missionary I have learned many things and I am so thankful for this opportunity I have had!

Hello Everyone, Well this will be my last email to all of you in my mission. How quickly it seemed to have arrived for me. I simply want you all to know that I love you and I am extremely grateful for all that you have done for me while I have been here serving as a missionary in Mexico. I know that this is the greatest thing I could have done for myself and for my family and greatest of all for the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with the last two years of my life and I am incredibly thankful for the decision I made to come and serve as a missionary. I remember my first interview with President Camarillo and what I said to him. I said,"I want to be the best missionary I can be. I want to serve Him with all of my heart." Inspite of the difficulties throughout my mission and the trials and all of the challenges I have faced I feel I have done the best I could and I am thankful for the strength the Lord has given me! I know that without Him and His sustaining hand I could not have done half of what I have done as His servant here. As a missionary I have learned many things. I have learned to trust in His guide. To trust the Holy Ghost and the inspiration he sends. I have learned not to doubt the strength we can receive when we confide always in His divine strength. I know that as we strive to follow Him all is possible. I know more than any time before in my life now, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the path safely home to our Heavenly Father, and the only way to true happiness and joy. I hope that all of you will too find the joy that comes from living the commandments and inviting others to come unto Christ. I have found greater joy now as a missionary than ever before. I know that only greater blessings await me throughout my life but I will forever be thankful for His blessing in letting me, allowing me, to serve Him as a full-time missionary. I will miss the days full of teaching and preaching and contacting people in the street. I will miss a full-time companion and the meetings and the interviews with President. I will miss all of the laughs and the funny times and the great joy I have experienced here, but I am so excited to return home to be once again with all of you! I love you all! Never forget that this Gospel is true and that living the commandments of God is the only way. I am so sure of it, I am not so sure of anything else. I know it will save us in His kingdom of Glory. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves us and that He is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living day prophet and I know Joseph Smith was the Prophet of the Restoration. I know that the Temple is the House of God. I know that these things are true and will bless our lives if we live them! I love all of you and I hope you too know these things are true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment