Friday, September 16, 2016

We had a super busy week full of meetings full of many inspired messages.

Hey everyone, This week was a super crazy busy week for us. We had a lot of meetings. On Wednesday we had Leadership Council, then on Thursday we got together with the District Leaders to plan our Zone Meeting, then on Friday we had our Zone Meeting in the morning with another meeting in the afternoon with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders from the Guadalajara Zones in our mission to plan our Zone Conference (that will be combined between the three Guadalajara zones) for Tuesday. It was quite the occupied and busy week but full of many inspired messages and moments and I was very satisfied with the instructions we were able to give to the missionaries! We only have one investigator who is progressing right now who is named, Dayana. She is a referral from a less active member. She attended church for the first time yesterday and a baptism for the sister missionaries in our ward on Saturday. She is seventeen years old and is the girlfriend of the member who gave us the referral. She is quite interested in our message and accepted a baptismal date on the 16th of October. Hopefully she will be able to continue to learn of the Gospel and come to have a testimony of the truthfulness of our message as she listens to our messages and strives to live the commitments we leave for her. The only thing that seems like may become a challenge is that her parents do not seem to be very happy with the idea of her listening to our message and going to church, so we are going to look for a way to speak with them and help them to understand that it is something that will allow her to come closer to God and be a better person. Truly I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ not just because I have prayed and asked God of its truthfulness, although I have done so and He has answered my prayers, but also moreso because of the changes the Gospel has wrought in me and my life. As we live the Gospel in its fullness and strive to heed the counsels of our Father in Heaven given to us through the Prophets we can change our lives and the lives of many others. The Gospel has made me a better person and made me the person I am today. I know I am not perfect but I also know that without the knowledge that I have of our Savior Jesus Christ I would be a lot further from the happiness I have experienced in my life thanks to my obedience to the commandments of the Lord. I know that as we strive to follow Him we can change our lives and become better and we should all try to do so day by day. I love each of you! Take care and have a great week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment