Friday, September 16, 2016

We had an awesome week and we had a baptism!

Hey Everyone, This week was a super awesome week for us. Wow there were so many things that happened that I can't even describe! Wow it was so cool. We had a baptism that was quite a trial. His name is Ricardo and he has been listening to the missionaries for quite some time. His baptism was scheduled for Saturday and he didn't pass his regular interview on Saturday because he in the past had had problems related with drugs and other things, but he had a special interview with one of President Egginton's Counselors on Friday and passed it so that night we went to have his father sign the baptism record so he could be baptized and he didn't want to. We were scared that he wasn't going to give his permission and we planned to visit him on Saturday morning to talk to his dad about it. On Saturday we talked to his dad and he said that if that is what he really wanted to do he was going to support him and then he turned to Ricardo and asked him if he didn't want to wait. In that moment Ricardo turned to us and told us he wanted to wait. It was kind of sad but we told him that was alright and we headed to visit some other people. We hadn't walked more than four blocks when he ran after us and told us that he had changed his mind and wanted to be baptized that day. The service was amazing and super spiritual and I felt incredibly blessed to have been a part of it even though I have only known him for a short time! I could see that the Lord truly does work in miraculous ways in peoples' lives. Really I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us and that He still works Miracles for us in our lives! I hope you all know that I know that He lives and that His Gospel is perfect. I know that as we choose to follow Him and not wait we can be incredibly blessed in all we do in every way! I love Him and I am thankful for His Gospel and Church on the Earth! I love all of you and I hope you have a great week take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment