Monday, August 22, 2016

My mission is flying by way too quickly!!

Hey everyone, This week was a pretty good week for me! I hope it went well for all of you too! It seems like the weeks just go by faster and faster each time and that I never have time to get anything done in the meantime. Well overall it just seems that my mission is flying by way to quickly and I don't like it. I only have three more months left and I really hope that it doesn't fly by nearly as quickly as it has been. Transfers are next week and I am pretty certain that I will be transferred. I have no idea to what area I will be transferred, but hopefully it will be a good area and I will have a great companion. This week went well and overall we were able to focus pretty well on our area. We had exchanges with the zone leaders so that still complicated things a little tiny bit, but we at least had a bit more time to focus on the people here. We were finally able to have a formal lesson with Hna. Araceli and her family. The people that arrived to the baptism of Hna. Beatriz and to church last Sunday. Araceli lives with her boyfriend, Gonzalo, (she is separated from her husband and the father of her children) and has six children. Her kids are, Brenda (18), Remegio (17), Omar (15), Marizta (12), Brezait (10), and Cynthia (8). They are all quite interested in learning about the Gospel and they are all at the age to be baptized. It would be such a miracle if they all decided to be and were baptized together! I feel like it has been such a tender mercy of the Lord to find them! I hope that they can progress together and that they can all be blessed by the Gospel. Our only other investigator that is really progressing is Jose Vazquez, Beatriz's son. He told us that he does want to be baptized and he had a baptismal date, but he told us that he isn't sure about that date. We are going to visit him this week and talk a bit more about a date a bit further in the future and help him to prepare himself for that date. He really has a desire to learn and to be baptized we just have to help him to live the commandments and do what he is necessary to be completely ready. He still hasn't received all of the lessons so I know that as he learns more he will feel more ready too. More than anything I am thankful to have this opportunity to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I know that as we let Him use us to bless the lives of others we can truly become tools in His hands. I know that He has blessed the lives of many other people through me and for that I am so grateful. I know that we must be meek, humble, and have charity towards all others that He may work through us. I know that as we strive to be more like Him and see others as He sees them that we can be a blessing to many others! I am so thankful for this opportunity I have been given to serve and bless the lives of many of God's children here. As I have done it many of His children have blessed my life. I love all of you and I hope you have a wonderful week full of joy and happiness! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment