Monday, August 8, 2016

We had a very full and busy week with a great opportunity to learn new leadership skills!

Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a very special week this week. Our week was a good one. A very occupied and busy and tired one. We had few lessons because every single day of the week except for last Monday and yesterday we had to go to Guadalajara for one reason or another. Everyday was full of traveling and very early mornings and late nights and I am therefore exhausted, but it was all worth it because I felt the Spirit very strongly on many occasions and I felt very uplifted, edified, and instructed by the Lord in this past week and I learned many things. On Wednesday I was invited by President Egginton to attend Leadership Counsel, a meeting of Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders of the entire mission to asses the state and needs of the mission and address ways to further the work and improve our efforts. He talked to me as I was there and I now feel as if I will not be continuing in Industrial in the coming transfer in three weeks time. It was a great opportunity for me to learn new leadership skills and see the real worry President and us as missionary leaders feel for the mission, missionaries and those we teach here. I learned a lot and I felt a great responsibility to improve my abilities to teach and lead those under my stewardship. On Thursday we went to the see the Doctor as we have bed bugs and luckily we don't have any parasite or anything. We are going to fumigate our house and receive new mattresses as soon as possible, but we have been so busy that we still haven't done it yet. Hopefully this week! On Friday we participated as all the missionaries in our mission in the Guadalajara Area in a Youth Conference activity in teaching young men and women, future missionaries how to teach in a real situation looking for less active members and contacting people in the street. It was a fun activity and there I was able to see many young members of my first ward here in Guadalajara Buenos Aires. On Saturday morning we woke up at 3:45 AM and were on the bus by 4:30 AM so we could attend the temple in the 6:30 session. It was a beautiful experience for me. I love attending the temple and I was in need of a visit to the Lord's Holy House. I feel His great love for me there every time I go. As they were praying I thought of how my Mom told me that Grandma Lynda had called and had my name put on the temple list and in the prayer I thought of how they were praying especially for me. I felt the Spirit give me strength to work hard and to continue to seek His guidance and direction for the challenges in our areas. We have been facing a great challenge with Beatriz as we have been teaching her trying to help her to make the decision to be baptized. I was looking for inspiration and guidance in how to help her to make the choice to be baptized on her date. We had visited her during the week and she seemed as if she was unsure and not ready to accept the date with confidence, but that same Saturday as we taught her it rained on us outside of her door. We ended the lesson early and were going to leave, but I felt the need to ask her how she felt about her baptismal date. She said she had finally arrived at the decision that she wanted to do it. That she didn't understand why she was waiting. It was something she understands is correct and she is wants to do. She told us that day that she wanted to be baptized this coming Saturday and it changed everything. From that moment we have been running like crazy trying to finish teaching her the lessons and organize everything necessary so she can be baptized, but thankfully today we will finish the lessons and this Saturday she will be baptized, although her son will not be baptized with her I am confident that soon he will decide to follow her example. I know that the Lord has a way of changing our hearts and the hearts of others and I know He can work mighty miracles. I know that He has not ceased working miracles because I have seen His miracles every day of my mission. I know that His power is real and that His power is matchless. I know with all of my heart that we are nothing without Him and without His Spirit. I know that without His Spirit we can do nothing in the way of converting and helping others come unto the truthfulness of the Gospel. I know that these things are true with my whole heart and I know that if we obey we will be blessed in all things! I know our faith is essential in working His miracles and we manifest our faith through our obedience to Him. I love all of you and I hope you have a great week! Take care and know that I miss you all and think of you often! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment