Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Yea we have a New District!

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week this week! I had a better week this week than the past week which was a blessing. My headaches have been a bit less intense which is nice and we were able to visit with our investigators a bit more. First of all I wanted to tell you about a new little change that happened last night with transfer day. Elder Menchú and I will both be staying in Tizapan as I expected because he only had one transfer when I got here and usually we have three to four transfers in an area. We did however have a fun new change that I am excited for. Before our zone, which is Chapala, only had one district because it only had three branches with four sets of missionaries, but with with the transfer they are adding another branch to our zone. Sahuayo is a city about an hour past us, so now there will be two districts in our zone. That means on Tuesday mornings for our District Meetings we will go to Sahuayo instead of Chapala. I think that will mean a little less traveling and hopefully a bit more sleep! I hope that will help me with my headaches a little bit too! Other than that we have another month and a half here together and we are excited to see what we can accomplish! We are hoping to have a baptism this transfer so please pray for us to be able to accomplish that goal!!!! Our weather here has been pretty hot for the last few weeks it is in a time year that they call the Canícula which is forty days of strong sun usually with little to no rain. It supposedly ends on the 24th or 26th. That means it has been pretty hot here lately. But, yesterday it decided to rain even though it is supposedly the Canícula, which was appreciated really, but it was quite the downpour right when we headed to church. That meant that only twenty five people arrived at church yesterday including five visitors (three from the district presidency and two from the mission presidency) so it was kind of a sad church service yesterday. None of our investigators arrived. Lorena is doing pretty well except for the fact that she hasn't come to church for the last two weeks. We were able to visit her three times last week and she understands well the things that we teach her. Honestly she has a strong desire to learn and to change, but there are always things that hold people back from progressing. The best part is that she has a friend in the church. Hna. Elisa always accompanies us to visit and teach our lessons with Lorena and we have seen a relationship develop between the two. It is really neat to see how Lorena responds better to the testimonies that Hna. Elisa shares than to our testimony. I know that the work of the Lord and that our work as missionaries is much more successful with the help of members! Now we just have to find a member like Elisa for every single investigator we teach! I just want to share with all of you my testimony. I know that the Lord is watching over us. I know that even in the hardest of times, in the deepest of sorrows, and thickest of tears that He is here. He never forsakes us. He knows each and every single one of us individually and perfectly. He knows our pains and afflictions and our unique problems and pains. When no one else knows how we feel or how to help He does. I have found the greatest comfort through knowing that He is always there for me without exception. He never faileth. His Atoning Sacrifice is infinite just as is His love. Nothing is impossible with His loving hand. I know He lives and that He loves us. I love each and every single one of you and hope all of you are doing well! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take Care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment