Wednesday, August 12, 2015

This week was kind of a trying one!

Hey everyone, How was your week this week? I hope it was a good one!!! Honestly my week was kind of a trying one. My headache has been pretty bad this week which made it hard and we didn't have very many lessons with our investigators because one of them got sick, but other than that it went pretty well! Lorena is doing pretty well other than she got sick so she cancelled our appointment with her on Saturday and didn't end up attending church on Sunday. We went to see how she was doing yesterday and she said she isn't feeling very well. We set another appointment for Wednesday because tomorrow we have to travel to Chapala and she wasn't sure how she would be feeling. We could see from that, that it is really Lorena that is the most interested in the Gospel because she was the only one sick, but none of the others arrived at church yesterday even though we had asked Hna. Elisa, who has been visiting with us to invite them to go. Hopefully we can help them to gain a stronger desire to receive the Gospel and through Lorena's example they will gain a desire as well through the changes they see in her. Other than the fact that she is sick they are doing fairly well. Last Friday we found a new investigator named Arturo. He is probably around forty years old and has a pretty hard life. I can tell that he has been through quite a few problems and hopefully we can help him through the gospel message we share. His family is falling apart and him and his wife are seperated. We have only visited him once and we shared with him the message of the Restoration. I felt the Spirit strongly as I testified of the First Vision and of Joseph Smith as the Prophet of the Restoration. I hope that through our visits with him we can help him to find direction and help in his life! We tried to visit him yesterday but he wasn't home. Hopefully we can find him again this week! Really this week was kind of slow in teaching and it was kind of a challenge physically, mentally, and emotionally for me, but looking back on the challenges that I faced I can see that the Lord was there helping me and comforting me through it all! I know that the Lord is always with us in everything that we suffer. I have a testimony of true comforting power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that He allows us to suffer so that we can receive His succor. I have a great deal of love for my Savior Jesus Christ because I know He never has forsaken me nor will He ever forsake me. I am reminded of my mission scripture "Be strong and of a good courage, be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee, whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9). I am thankful for the true comfort that we can receive through fervent prayer and priesthood blessings. I know that my Father loves me and that my Savior loves me too! I love all of you and I know that our Savior loves you! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment