Thursday, August 6, 2015

I am so thankful to be a missionary!

Hello Everyone, I hope you had a good week this week. We had a good week, but as I was afraid it was super busy! After going to Guadalajara on Monday for my eye appointment we had to go to Chapala on Friday for our Zone Meeting and then back to Guadalajara on Saturday for Interviews with President Egginton, and then tomorrow back to Chapala for District Meeting. It was pretty crazy busy, but it was a great week! Last week we found three new investigators and I am so excited to tell you about them. They are the ones I told you about who came to our Pioneer Day activity. Their names are Lorena and Leslie and Leslie's Mom (I feel silly I forgot her name! but she is Lorena's sister-in-law and Leslie is her niece). We had three lessons with them this past week and they came to church yesterday. Like I said before they were listening to the missionaries in the State of Mexico before, but returned home (they live here really all of the time but visited there for a few months) and thankfully, we have been able to teach them. They are really interested to learn about the Gospel and I really think that they are going to progress well! The best part is that Lorena's husband and her sister-in-law's husband are brothers to a member of the Branch Presidency and I hope that helps them to have some support in the Gospel! We went and ate with all of them yesterday! Really I am enjoying it here in Tizapan. Even though it has been hard finding investigators to teach I know that the Lord has been blessing us and I know that with hard work we will be able to find more. I really just like that it is a lot smaller here than in Guadalajara. It is so pretty and usually it is cooler too, but for the last two weeks it has only rained like once so it has been a bit hotter! I hope it rains more this week. I am loving this area and I hope I get to stay here for a little while, so that I can see the work progress! Our Zone Meeting last week was really good. We talked about the importance of developing Christ-like Attributes. It is Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel and it is one of my favorite chapters! Our new mission president, Pres. Egginton is really focusing on helping us to be more Christ-like and to focus on our main purpose of Inviting others to come unto Christ through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I am excited to see how the mission improves and changes under his leadership. We had our interviews with him on Saturday and it was fun to get to talk to him a bit better and to share some things about myself with him. He asked us to share about our family, ourselves, why we chose to come on a mission, why we stay in the mission, and our testimony. I felt so wonderful talking to him and sharing with him my answers to these five simple questions. I can feel that him and Sister Egginton really love us and they show it, which is nice to me! I got to share with him as well about my headaches and we are going to start trying some other medications to hopefully get rid of them. He also invited my companion and my zone leaders in and I asked him for a blessing. It was really good to have another priesthood blessing. I just want to share with all of you my answer to two of those questions he asked me. Why did I choose to serve a mission? I think the answer to that question is quite simple really, I chose to serve because I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that it is incredibly small my mission in the form of a gift to Him because He gives us everything, but I want to offer my mission to Him because I love Him. My testimony. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves each one of us! I know that He suffered and paid the price of all sin and pain that we have and experience. I know that this is His church and that it is guided by Him through His living prophet Thomas S. Monson. I am so thankful for a living prophet to lead and guide this church and also for apostles and their continued guidance and direction. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be the Prophet of the Restoration and that he translated the Book of Mormon through the power and authority of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I cherish that divine gift from our Loving Heavenly Father. I know without a doubt that all of these things are true and more than anything that I am in the Service of God. I know that I am where I have been called to be and I am so thankful to be a missionary. I love all of you guys so much and I hope you have a wonderful week this week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment