Wednesday, May 27, 2015

We had a lot of lessons this week!

Hello Everyone, ¿Còmo estàn? I hope this week has been good for all of you guys and that you are all doing well and feeling good! This week for me was pretty good and we had a lot of lessons. First of all today was transfers and my companion Elder Benitez got transferred. He is now a zone leader in Chapala. I am still in my same area and my new companion will be Elder Arellanes. He is coming from Morelia and still hasn´t arrived so I have been spending the day with my new zone leaders Elder Mar and Elder Denton. Elder Fuentes and Elder Creason our old zone leaders both got transferred as well so that means I am the only Elder in our ward that has been in our ward. So I feel a bit weird that I am the only one that knows the members and the area so I am sure I will be teaching a lot in the next few weeks about the ward and area. I am excited to meet my new companion and get to know him and how he teaches. Our investigators are doing well. A few of the ones we found last week have decided that they do not want to listen to us which is hard, but also it is better that we can focus on those who do want to hear our message and be baptized. It has been hard because for the last few weeks we hadn´t had investigators at church but yesterday Brenda came. It made me happy to see her there! I am excited for Brenda because I think she will end up being baptized. She is the wife of a memeber and they live with his parents who are both members and we have been working a lot with them. She already knows a lot and understands really well what we teach her. The biggest challenge I think is that she is pregnant and going to have her baby in June so I don´t know if we will be able to baptize her before or will have to wait until after she has her baby, but I guess we will see! This last week we found five new investigators. The first four is a family, the Castillo´s. They are catholic and know quite a bit of the Gospel and I hope that with teaching them they are able to gain a testimony and be baptized. We have had two lessons with them and it was good to hear that he had read in the Book of Mormon. I hope that we can keep working with them and help them to be baptized. The other new investigator is a teenage boy named Christofer. He is 16 and was a refferal from other missionaries who contacted him in the street. It is hard to teach him because he has little knowledge of the Gospel and he works a lot which makes it hard to visit him. We will see how it goes with him. We have quite a few investigators and I am excited to keep working with them. I hope that we are able to help them grow in understanding and gain their own testimonies of the Gospel. The biggest challenge we have is getting them to come to church, and that is our goal this week to have many more in church! Please pray for us to find and to have investigators in church. I know that your prayers have been helping us. I just want to share my testimony that I know the work that I am doing is the work of salvation. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the path given so that we can find true joy and happiness here in this life and for eternity. I know that this gospel is true and that it truly brings happiness and blessings! I know because I have that happiness and those blessings in my life and I am so thankful to be a missionary here helping others to receive the same happiness that I have. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I feel a great deal of love for Him. I know that He Lives and that knowledge gives me great comfort! I hope you guys are all doing well and that you are taking care! Have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment