Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I hope this was a good week for you!

Hello Everyone, This week was a good week for me and I hope that it was a good week for all of you guys! Even though we still do not have a ton of people to teach we had a good week with some good lessons. I think that we are having what I call a drought of new investigators, but hopefully this next week we can find some new people. It is my goal that I am more obedient and I know that by doing so that we will find more people to teach. I know that the Lord is watching over us and that as we work our hardest to do everything we can that he will do everything he can to help us. This week we had the opportunity to go and teach a family that we have been teaching since I got here on my mission. One of the daughters, Lupita, is the only member and was baptized last November. She has been struggling to attend church lately and we have been visiting with them to help her to be excited about going. I really like teaching this family because the mother Gloria and father Jose are both really kind and loving people and both are very interested in the Gospel and want to be baptized. The hardest thing with them is that they aren't married and it is really difficult for them to get married because he is from El Salvador and has to have special documentation to get married but they do not have sufficient money. That is a challenge we see here a lot is that no one has enough money to get married. I really like teaching them though because Gloria is always very excited to see us and listen to us teach. I hope that one day the small seed that we are nourishing will be harvested by other missionaries. That is something that I have realized in the last few weeks with few investigators and many great big problems is that sometimes it isn't our time to harvest the field but to prepare it for the harvesters who will follow us. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to be one who helps prepare God's children receive the nourishment they need of the Gospel and that they can eventually grow into a strong and beautiful strong tree firmly planted in the soil of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As a missionary here in Mexico I have learned so much and I have grown so much and I know it is only thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that he is at the head of this church and that the only way to true happiness and joy is through His Atonement for every single one of us. I am so thankful for the knowledge that the Lord suffered everything that we suffered and that he has already paid for everything that we will do. It is up to us to turn unto Him, accept His will and sacrifice for us, and live the commandments of God. I promise that as we all do so we will find greater happiness and joy than we have yet known. That is my testimony that I share with you and I hope that all of you will accept Him more in your life each and every single day. I love all of you and hope you are all well! I hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Mitchell J Condie

No comments:

Post a Comment